“Go for the Ribs!”

Zingerman's Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Zingerman's Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 602 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Zingerman's know how to make good food. The ribs are as good as any I have had - something I never thought I would say in Michigan! They serve large portions and everything is great. The roadhouse decor - and the collection of salt & pepper sets - is a bit dated. Service is good, but nothing special.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

A few of my girlfriends and I went to Zingerman's Roadhouse to celebrate my birthday. It was a couple of weeks after my actual birthday. I had made reservations and our table was ready within 5 minutes. Our waitress was excellent. I was debating between two glasses of wine and she let me sample them both before ordering. She was also helpful with my food restrictions. I am on the FODMAP diet and they have gluten free items and were willing to accommodate my needs. I couldn't have the normal birthday dessert so she brought me one I could have and it was free! I will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I go everytime I get to AA. However a pain it might be to get seated, once you get food, the world is good again. The decor borders close to sterotype chain concept, but the staff are individual and personable. All the BBQ meats are great (get the bearded plate to try a little of all), the mac and cheeses, the crabcakes, everything. Have not been that thrilled with the desserts, until this time when I told that to our server and he said get the butterscotch pudding. Huh? Pudding? It was amazing, cake-frosting thick with grains of salt and sugar! Everyone at the table thought it was one of, if not the, best things they had ever eaten (except for the chocoholic).

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Being familiar with Zingerman's Deli from our Ann Arbor days, we decided to dine at the Roadhouse upon our arrival at the city for a visit. The prices were high (18-19 dollars for a vegetarian main course) but we were tired and didn't feel like looking for another place down town.

What a disappointment! Only the bread and the coffee were up to the standard expected. Small mushroom salad ($7.75) had a great cheese that could not compensate, however, for the over-sauteed spinach and the mushy mushrooms. Red-pepper polenta ($19.50) had only a tiny bit of parmesan and miniature pieces of roasted peppers for taste (but much too much butter). Grilled grits ($18) were mediocre. In terms of "value," this is 2-star place. In terms of expectation - even less. Maybe carnivorous would be happier.

1  Thank AngryVegans
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been here 3 times since my daughter was a student at U MICH. Top 5 fried chicken I'VE EVER HAD. Friendly service, atmosphere nothing fancy, vast menu. Iconic place - if nothing else, go just to say you've been there.