“Interesting place”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a terrific place to visit. I ate dinner one night and lunch the next day. The menu is very eclectic and innovative. My dinner was very good but lunch was a hit and miss. One of the items I had--a version of grits was tasteless to me but the assistance of a wonderful waitress with I think an African name made up for it. I will definitely go back to try some of the other interesting things on the menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

It is quite a scene watching the 8 cooks on the grill pushing out the varied fare for the crowds that are here during busier times.
Ann Arbor's version of Joel Robichoun's Atelier in Paris.
Don't expect similar cuisine but is an interesting blend of homecoming southern style or western style.
Loved the chile and th Brussels sprouts with bacon were great.
A scene with good food.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My most recent visit was on a snowy Wednesday night and the place was packed. We waiting 45-minutes for a table, but the friendly server did her best to make it up to us and the food was great. I recommended anything with Alex's Red Rage sauce on it and encourage everyone to try to the creative vegetable sides (there are too many to list). The bread and butter brought to the table are excellent and the hand crafted cocktails are fun and delicious. The Roadhouse is the perfect place for a fun, casual meal with a creative, high end spin on traditional American comfort food. (Kids meals are high quality here - which for my family, means that the kids aren't very interested in them - real mac n' cheese, gourmet burgers with fine cheeses, etc - if you have a picky eater, order the grilled cheese).

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our party of six had a super dinner here one night in March 2013. One of our party was late and we enjoyed cocktails while waiting. The pint glasses of beer were filled right up to the rim. I can highly recommend the Ypsi Gypsy Pale Ale!

The server brought out a complimentary sampler of beef and pork barbecue to help us make up our mind. Both were good, esp. the pork, but when I see beef liver on a menu, I have to go for that. And so it was.

The liver was served over mashed potatoes with a side of sauteed spinach. While properly cooked, I felt the liver was not as flavorful as it should have been. I also would have preferred the potatoes on the side as they tended to impart a slimy mouthfeel some of the time. The spinach ended up being the star here, with plenty of good taste while not cooked into a soggy submission.

Wife had the half rack of ribs and upon sampling them, I know what I will have if we ever get back in this neck of the woods.

We also got to meet the owner, Ari, Fine fellow who is doing it right!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

What an amazing experience!! Our waitress was awesome and I wish I could remember her name to give her kudos here. The BBQ brisket and pulled pork were amazing! The service at all the Zingermann establishments was stellar...the employees were so helpful, polite, knowledgeable and ever so friendly. I can't say enough good things about the service and the quality of the food. If I make it back to Ann Arbor, I will definitely be visiting these retaurants again.