“Great Chinese Food and Great Service”
Review of Kai Garden

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great Chinese Food and Great Service”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Kai Garden is a great Chinese food option on Main St. The prices are reasonable and the food and portions are great. Enjoy a trip to Kai Garden.

Visited April 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Super Fresh ingredients and fine Chef make it our Favorite Chinese restaurant.”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I you like Chinese food with fresh veggies, flavorful sauces, and a bit of zip, try Kai Garden on Main Street in Ann Arbor. We like spicy Hot and Sour soup, and consider this version the best in Ann Arbor, which is saying something with all the good choices available in this college town. If you like mild dishes, try the Yang Chao Rice, which has chicken, ham and shrimp blended with fried rice and veggies for a super tasty meal. We love the Kung Pao Chicken or Shrimp as the best spicy dish around. The owner and chef is excellent, and has cooking experience around the world - and it shows. No fancy atmosphere here, but great food, excellent service and a good value for Downtown Ann Arbor.

• Visited August 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Beat Chinese Food on Ann Arbor”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We have eaten here for many years, many times a year. It is always excellent! Not only do we like their menu items, but they also do up special dishes to our taste. Just tell them how you like it and they make it perfectly. The service is always superb. Tonight my husband and I and our daughter and her family are eating carry-out from Kai Garden. I truthfully can't understand the reviewer that complained.

• Visited July 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
“I've eaten at almost every restaurant in...”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I've eaten at almost every restaurant in Ann arbor and this is without a doubt the worst. Further, it is the worst Chinese I've ever had, worse than the fast food type Chinese places.
I went 3 years ago and everything we ordered was so bad I swore I'd never be back despite my love for Americanized Chinese food..
I finally broke down during my quest to find good dumplings recently and decided to give them another shot. Surprise, the worst dumplings ever. Shredded liquidy 'meat' filling in a wanton so soggy it falls apart should the slightest gust of air pass by, let alone if you try to pick them up with chopsticks or a fork.
AVOID

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Reliable food and friendly service”
Reviewed December 29, 2008

For a family with kids, they do tasty versions of old favorites. The biggest selling point, though, is the service. The owners are very friendly, they have kid-sized dishes and utensils, and the service is attentive without being over-bearing.