“Great Breakfast Spot”

Dining options: Breakfast
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Passing through Ann Arbor, our group decided to have breakfast at the Broken Egg. Definite thumbs up. All the food was great - eggs, bacon, omelets, side dishes. Coffee is OK. The potatoes were so good - lots of flavor and none of the grease usually seen in hash browns. Being an Ohio State grad, it was hard to be surrounded by all the "Blue" but the meal was worth it.

Visited August 2013

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Eggs Arnold - OMG!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were looking for a late lunch on our way from Detroit to Chicago and pulled off the highway in Ann Arbor. We noticed some tables with umbrellas on the sidewalk and decided to stop and check out Broken Egg. The restaurant looks like it probably caters to college students with sports pennants on the walls. The carpet is rather stained and the washrooms downstairs are a little creepy. The restaurant was clean & bright - not fancy. My husband ordered a burger and enjoyed it - nothing out of the ordinary. Why am I rating this a 4 out of 5? The most amazing egg dish I've ever had. Similar to eggs benedict but called eggs Arnold (get it?) Perfectly poached eggs on English muffins, grilled tomato slices and fresh baby spinach leaves topped with a yogurt/tarragon sauce that was to die for & accompanied by the best hash browns ever. Our server told me this is a staff favourite & I know I will be going home to try to replicate that sauce. Truly outstanding meal.

• Visited July 2013
Averill Park, New York
“Enjoyable breakfast”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My mother and I were in the area and were in search of a decent breakfast/brunch place one morning; the GPS suggested that The Broken Egg was near us, so we decided to give it a try.

The decor is very simple and very biased towards local and regional sports teams - I think. Admittedly, I'm not into sports so I didn't pay much attention. That being said, in some ways, the restaurant reminds me of a local 'hole-in-the-wall' (in the good ways, not the bad!), so if you are looking for something very formal or for a special occasion, this place may not be your best bet. But if you are looking for an unpretentious atmosphere coupled with good food and great service, then give it a shot.

The breakfast menu is quite large and consists of a diverse array of options (waffles, omlettes, crepes, pancakes, skillets, etc). There are vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, so most should be satisfied with the menu offerings. I ordered the Floridian French toast (comes with lots of fruit on top) and while I wouldn't call it the "best" French toast I've ever eaten, it was very tasty and I'd order it again. The portions skirt the line between just enough and too much, but the price for the meal is very affordable, all things considered. Our waitress was incredibly pleasant and the service we received from her was exceptional. Overall, our meals were good, the service was wonderful, and we'd be happy to recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
“Nice neighborhood breakfast stop”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I love breakfast- decided to explore Ann Arbor and came across the Broken Egg.

Overall, it is a very friendly establishment which has been around for a while. There is a clear football bias for Michigan; thus Ohio State fans beware.

Food is nothing over the top- portions are ample and the prices reasonable.

Our waitress was extremely efficient and friendly.

Would stop by again.

• Visited May 2013
Novi, Michigan
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Their breakfast menu is huge. Place is a hole in the wall with good character. Food was tasty particularly the pancakes. Good portion sizes. It was fairly expensive but I would go back.

• Visited May 2013