“Friendly service, perfect breakfast diner”
Review of Northside Grill

Northside Grill
Ranked #92 of 592 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Michigan
“Friendly service, perfect breakfast diner”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Northside Grill was suggested to me by a friend who works at UM hospital. I have been swimming at the early am (5:45-7:15) practice at the outdoor Fuller pool and was looking for a place to go after practice for breakfast while Angelo's was closed . I like to walk to get my legs stretched out after swimming. This is 0.7 mi from the pool and was a perfect distance to get to/breakfast/from and in time for work. The service was fast and friendly. I only had about 20 min once I arrived and had no problem with eating what I needed, full glass of water, OJ, and couple of cups of coffee.I could create my own omelette and it was delicious.(3 eggs, feta, spinach, onions, mushroom). Fresh squeezed OJ helped replenish my potassium. When my waiter(Todd) came around to offer my third cup of coffee and I told him that I wished I could but was in a hurry , he offered me a cup to go. (With my walk back to my car and the leftovers I already had from my omelette/hash browns/toast, I really didn't want to carry anything else). My hash browns could have been done a little more but considered it my fault as I forgot to order them extra crispy like I normally would. It was a quaint breakfast diner experience--just what I was looking for. Though it was a little pricier than Angelo's, that would not keep me from going back. In fact, I will likely return next week--with my daughter in tow.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Warrenton, VA
“Yummy breakfast with very friendly and welcoming service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for breakfast based on reviews from Roadfood.com. Connie (our waitress) was incredibly welcoming and friendly. Blueberry and Apple Bran pancakes were amazing. Egg sandwich was delicious as well. Definitely will be back again. New favorite breakfast spot in Ann Arbor.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gardenerandtraveler
Miami Beach, Florida
“Get yer grub on!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I dined here for a late breakfast on a Monday. It's off the beaten, eatin' path but to its credit - off street parking, great coffee and super fast service. The food was flavorful and quick to land on the table which was a plus. The traditional diner atmosphere suited the area but is in need of a bit of freshening up (place looked a bit beaten up). I was impressed to have the coffee offered by the name of the maker - they do justice to Roos Roast in the freshness department. Can't speak to the lunch offerings but breakfast choices were well planned. I'll be back -

• Visited April 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty Mediocre Fare.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have dined here several times over the years, and if you want soup right out of the can, and the company of A2's old hippies, this is your place.

Visited March 2013
“Great Weekday Breakfast”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Late (9:30) breakfast on a weekday with 8 family members was wonderful. Fine french roast coffee for the snobs at the table, standard blend for the joes. Kids and kids at heart went for pancakes--terrific blueberry, tasty oat bran with blueberry, and plan, all large fluffy and delicious. The breads are a standout here, from raisin to chewy rye. Generous skillets are nicely balanced among ingredients.

Local Clancy's Fancy hot sauce is a must with eggs or potatoes.The atmosphere is a joint, the music is good jazz. Although I didn't get it this time, the house-made bearclaw is terrific, especially warmed a bit.

On weekends, arrive before 9a or wait in line.

• Visited April 2013