“Excellent Food”
Review of Mediterrano

Mediterrano
Reserve with OpenTable
Mediterrano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 592 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eisenhower
Description: From the south of France to Greece and from Spain to North Africa, at Mediterrano we are inspired by flavors from over 14 countries within the Mediterranean region. Our Chefs carefully select their favorite characteristics of cuisine from each country and combine them to create a menu with an innovative fusion of flavors, ingredients and spices. We take immense care to present great food paired with great service, for an overall exceptional dining experience.
Oakville, Canada
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This restaurant is a little out of the way but well worth finding. A real gastronomical delight. We decided to splurge and went for the tasting menu with wine pairings.The the food was outstanding. Service was knowledgable and timely. It was a 5 course meal and was served over about 2 hours with a very interesting and well selected wine pairing. I have a lousy lower back so the booth I was in was a little uncomfortable. Would have been better at a table but I did not ask to be moved. The TV in the bar seems incongruous with the quality of the food. Overall, if you are looking for just excellent food and a nice surrounding with good service, then this place is a fine choice.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank PeterT55

Michigan
“Overpriced, overcooked and overly fussy food.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had not been to Mediteranno's in a few years and were curious to check out the new menu. Overall we were disappointed. The lamb souvlaki was very tough and cooked well-beyond the medium rare we had requested. The roasted pear salad combined ingredients that I generally love: pears, Marcona almonds, arugula, Kefalograviera cheese and balsamic vinegar, but the cheese and rubbery and flavorless, the balsamic was of dubious quality and absolutely drenched the arugula, the pears were not only roasted but appear to have been spiced -- overall too many flavors fighting each other. We encountered similar problems with a daily special of heirloom tomatoes prepared 3 different ways. The tomatoes themselves were fresh and flavorful, but the dressing were so astringent as to border on the medicinal; herbs and spices were thrown together with little apparent thought. The otherwise terrific house bread was marred by stale-tasting olive oil. Although we barely touched our entrees, we decided to skip dessert -- we had little confidence that it would be worth the money. Here's hoping that the chef rethinks the menu, because the ambience at Mediterrano is pleasant, and especially the outdoor seating (despite its location by a parking lot). However, until the menu changes, we will not return.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kalindanya
Toronto, Canada
“The Meditterranean comes to Michigan”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

The menu tours the Meditterranean at this welcoming spot in an unpromisingly bland suburban mall. Nothing timid about the flavors--the tapenade that topped my perfectly cooked branzino positively sang with garlic. Toothsome chunks of olive told me it had been ground traditional style with a mortar and pestle, not buzzed in a blender. My roasted asparagus salad with slices of duck was one of those vaguely unsatisfying dishes in which ingredients of the first quality don't quite come together, but the chef's heart is in the right place, with freshness and depth of flavor. The menu was so rich in tempting choices, I wanted to try just about everything (guess I should have picked the dates with chorizo instead of the salad). Service was warm and professional (kudos to the bartender for the strawberry and citrus drink he created for my teetotaling husband).

1 Thank Gelatifan
Canton,Ohio
“Wonderful Evening Out”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went for dinner with family and was impressed with all the wonderful food options. Had the calamari, a cheese mushroom appetizer and had the Rib eye steak as my main dish. The ribeye was one of the best I've had. Flavorful and seasoned well and juicy tender. The decor was inviting and the wait staff was very attentive. The place is a hidden gem literally. It's hard to see from the street behind the world market.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jaybird6676
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Relaxing & delicious!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

A great stop. Saw the reviews on Trip Advisor as Im traveling alone for business. I sat outside & despite it being very warm out, felt relaxed & as if I was dining in Italy or Greece (minus seeing Olive Garden across the parking lot (sigh)).. The food was fantastic! A great stop for anyone who is looking to avoid the chain thing & support an Ann Arbor small business.