“The Meditterranean comes to Michigan”
Review of Mediterrano

Mediterrano
Reserve with OpenTable
Mediterrano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 600 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eisenhower
Description: From the south of France to Greece and from Spain to North Africa, at Mediterrano we are inspired by flavors from over 14 countries within the Mediterranean region. Our Chefs carefully select their favorite characteristics of cuisine from each country and combine them to create a menu with an innovative fusion of flavors, ingredients and spices. We take immense care to present great food paired with great service, for an overall exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The menu tours the Meditterranean at this welcoming spot in an unpromisingly bland suburban mall. Nothing timid about the flavors--the tapenade that topped my perfectly cooked branzino positively sang with garlic. Toothsome chunks of olive told me it had been ground traditional style with a mortar and pestle, not buzzed in a blender. My roasted asparagus salad with slices of duck was one of those vaguely unsatisfying dishes in which ingredients of the first quality don't quite come together, but the chef's heart is in the right place, with freshness and depth of flavor. The menu was so rich in tempting choices, I wanted to try just about everything (guess I should have picked the dates with chorizo instead of the salad). Service was warm and professional (kudos to the bartender for the strawberry and citrus drink he created for my teetotaling husband).

1  Thank Gelatifan
There are newer reviews for Mediterrano

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I went for dinner with family and was impressed with all the wonderful food options. Had the calamari, a cheese mushroom appetizer and had the Rib eye steak as my main dish. The ribeye was one of the best I've had. Flavorful and seasoned well and juicy tender. The decor was inviting and the wait staff was very attentive. The place is a hidden gem literally. It's hard to see from the street behind the world market.

1  Thank Jaybird6676
Reviewed July 25, 2012

A great stop. Saw the reviews on Trip Advisor as Im traveling alone for business. I sat outside & despite it being very warm out, felt relaxed & as if I was dining in Italy or Greece (minus seeing Olive Garden across the parking lot (sigh)).. The food was fantastic! A great stop for anyone who is looking to avoid the chain thing & support an Ann Arbor small business.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I went by myself and ordered the scallops. Very flavorful and over the best mashed potatoes I've ever had and a great sauce.

1  Thank randomguy460
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice atmosphere, excellent and professional service to the smallest details, gourmet food, and not expensive at all!
Try the special Gnudi and the wonderful chocolate desert

(If you’ve found this review helpful, you can let me and others know it by clicking the green Yes below)

3  Thank Avi O