“Reliable Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have been going to Banditos for a number of years now and can always count on getting a good meal and fast, friendly service, all at a very reasonable price. My favorite dish is the chicken quesadilla accompanied by a really tasty margarita. The quesadilla has a lot of filling, unlike some other places I have tried, and I love it with some of the fresh salsa on top. If you want something non-alcoholic to drink, they serve a really good lemonade. My husband and I come here, and often bring our friends, when we want some simple comfort food in a welcoming atmosphere where you can have a conversation without having to yell across the table.

1  Thank Suzana3

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My boys and I traveled to Ann Arbor to see a movie at the beautiful Michigan theatre and needed a nice spot for a late lunch beforehand. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor I knew this place would fit the bill. We parked at the Liberty Street garage, walked a few blocks west and found Banditos to be even better than expected.The cheery exceptionally clean decor, great food and friendly server had my oldest(14) proclaiming the experience the "best Mexican food of my life" and his brother(11) concurred. Their praise is well deserved. The chicken, shredded beef, cheese enchiladas and guacamole were all excellent, as were the warm chips and fresh salsa. And, the margarita I ordered was easily the best I've tasted in years. YUM!!!

3  Thank BayCityFoodie
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Ok, ate there the other night and it was great. We also got a show....Everyone see the post below where the guy claims he waited an hour then tried to leave and had the police called on him? Well, I was there that night (dude, we were at the booth in front of you) and I did a search to see if there was a new story on what happened. This guy and his friend came in drunk ten minutes before closing. The waiter was nice enough to still let them order and five minutes after ordering, they try to take off without paying. The waiter called the police and as we were leaving, the police came back with this guy handcuffed and made him pay.

Other than that, this place does have really good food and it all seems to be homemade. We eat here about 5-6 times a year and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Sam M
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Pretty bad after u wait over an hour for food, you tell them to cancel your order because u are tired of waiting and no one is hardly in the place and leave but they call the police and make u pay for it anyway. I offered 3 times to pay for the water, salsa and chips we had waiting but but insisted we could not. this man chased me for 4 blocks threatening me and a friend. Finally the police showed up think God I was scared, because they called them. How awful, I was scared this man threatened me after several attempts to cancel the order, I think I have a right to cancel after waiting forever and really chase me down the street of Ann arbor threatening to beat the crap out of me.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My family ate here tonight to celebrate a new job and had a wonderful time. We always enjoy the company of the owner and the taste of the food. Mexican Pizzas, Chicken Burrito and rice and beans were on the menu for us tonight. Another table ordered the fajitas and they looked and smelled great. We also had the chicken rice soup and all agreed that it was a success. There are times we stop in just for chips and salsa which is our favorite.

1  Thank karen g

Been to Banditos? Share your experiences!