“Good Eastern European Menu”

Amadeus Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 610 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2012

If it's fine eastern European food you crave, this isthe place!

Reviewed February 8, 2012

The food was different, well prepared, a wonderful experience

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Unique place. like being in Old Europe, smallish. Great desserts

Reviewed January 31, 2012

The food hear is very authentic and good. Smaller portions but hearty dishes.

The service here is VERY slow and come sometimes the servers can be a bit rude. However the food is made fresh to order so the wait is worth it.

For sure a good find for something different. Make sure to try the Sunday brunch!

Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I have walked by this restaurant literally a hundred times since moving to A2 and never bothered going in. What a mistake. Our first visit was a Saturday while we were downtown. Seated at reservation time. Very accommodating staff. Authentic, charming, and warm decor-atmosphere. Guitarist was live (flamenco/classic) on Saturday. The menu and preparation of our dishes was SO authentic it brought back memories of my Grandmother cooking while I was very young (highest compliment I can give, really). Seriously. I had to take my parents on their next visit. Again, seated at reservation time (this time with young baby, which they accommodated well). Service consistent and excellent with our prior visit. Literally, I have not seen my parents enjoy a meal this much in a very long time. My mother agreed that Amadeus preparations were completely authentic as she remembers them being prepared and tasting by her grandmother (immigrated from old czech republic/hungarian region in early 1900's). Again, highest compliment she could give a restaurant. Bravo for keeping such an authentic atmosphere and preparation of 'old world' Eastern European foods alive and well. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank BougieKnight