“Huge portions. Not so huge price tag.”

Amer's Delicatessen
Ranked #155 of 660 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

The sandwiches here are absolutely delicious. Huge amounts of shaved meat spilling out of the center of my sandwich, and it was great. I filled up on half a sandwich alone. The prices weren’t that bad either. Would definitely recommend this casual deli restaurant for lunch.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Walked into this place because they advertised acai bowls and we were hungry. We walked in to find things even better than acai bowls! Delicious salads with many other options, including soft serve ice cream and, or course, acai bowls

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

The state street location has always been good, but they have gotten painfully slow. They seem to have had a lot of management and staff turnover, and the current crew just isn’t very on top of things.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

BOTTOM LINE: Great little spot to grab a quick lunch. Many choices. Great hot dogs and crepes. If you use a credit card they charge you a surcharge of .30.

Stopped here after a tour at U-M. It’s close to Central campus. There were many choices so everyone in my family could find something and everyone was happy. Overall, place is clean with not a ton of seating. The menu offered many different sandwiches, salads, crepes and hot dogs. We had hot dogs (NY and Reuben). Both delicious. The poppy seed buns are super soft and perfect for these particular recipes. We got garlic Parmesan fries and they were average at best. I think they pour some Parmesan cheese and garlic salt on them and throw them in the oven. Crepe was really tasty according to my son. Drinks were expensive. $2.25 for a can of soda?! That is crazy but we realized too late and didn’t want to make a big deal. Overall, we were pleased with our meal. 4 of us had lunch for $34 which I think is a good value for the food we got.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018

I've been coming here off and on for many years because the food was cheap and tasty. But during those years I don't think I ever saw a renovation or even fresh paint or new furniture. I won't be back until it improves.

Date of visit: May 2018