“Great lunch spot”

Amer's Delicatessen
Ranked #157 of 663 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

BOTTOM LINE: Great little spot to grab a quick lunch. Many choices. Great hot dogs and crepes. If you use a credit card they charge you a surcharge of .30.

Stopped here after a tour at U-M. It’s close to Central campus. There were many choices so everyone in my family could find something and everyone was happy. Overall, place is clean with not a ton of seating. The menu offered many different sandwiches, salads, crepes and hot dogs. We had hot dogs (NY and Reuben). Both delicious. The poppy seed buns are super soft and perfect for these particular recipes. We got garlic Parmesan fries and they were average at best. I think they pour some Parmesan cheese and garlic salt on them and throw them in the oven. Crepe was really tasty according to my son. Drinks were expensive. $2.25 for a can of soda?! That is crazy but we realized too late and didn’t want to make a big deal. Overall, we were pleased with our meal. 4 of us had lunch for $34 which I think is a good value for the food we got.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 30, 2018

I've been coming here off and on for many years because the food was cheap and tasty. But during those years I don't think I ever saw a renovation or even fresh paint or new furniture. I won't be back until it improves.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 3, 2018

We stopped for dinner before a concert at Hill Auditorium and it was great...really good deli sandwiches and lots of good sides and salads by the pound too. Like all good deli's the sandwiches are really too big...especially if you get a side salad. The pickles are amazing and the full sandwiches come with two types. Yum!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 2, 2018

As an Alumni coming back to visit, I ate here for a good meal. The staff were nice and the food was good as I remembered. The only downside were the unusual patrons in the restaurant. To each their own, and I cannot say who can or can't eat here, but next time I will just take my food as a take away and eat in peace. Times must have changed and the idea of proper behaviour seems to no longer exist.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Located at State and Liberty, this is a good spot for a sandwich, coffee/tea, desert, etc. Very popular with UM students.

Date of visit: November 2017