“Fish fry”

Old Town
Ranked #181 of 602 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had the Lenten Friday fish fry and it was great. Large portions, fresh and crisp. I would order it again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I really liked this place. I stumbled upon Old Town without the aid of Trip Advisor or other review guides. This is an authentic local restaurant that serves primarily burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. The atmosphere is warm and dark; brick wall, old photos. A bar is also here; they serve some Michigan microbrews and a variety of other choices. The atmosphere is not trendy or chic; it feels tried & true--a classic.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Wow, I was NOT expecting the delicious, juicy,satisfying tempeh burger that I received at Old Town. I was so happy with the meal, I went back the next day and got the same thing!
If you are a vegetarian and you are looking for a delicious tempeh burger you MUST go here!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I were heading to Ann Arbor for a concert at The Ark. It had been over 30 years since I had been to Ann Arbor so not familiar with the food scene anymore. So we hit Trip Advisor to see what others had to say about restaurants in the area of The Ark. Hit on Old Town and thought it sounded like our kind of place. We were VERY pleased. Unpretentious and very comfortable atmosphere for our virgin visit. My husband and I like Irish whiskey and Old Town had two of the better Irish whiskeys available in addition to the standard Irish whiskey most places serve. I ordered the salmon and was very pleased while my husband kept licking his fingers after he devoured his ribs. Good thing he only ordered a 1/2 rack or it would have been time for a take-away box. The outside of this renovated building doesn't scream at you so it would be easy to miss. if you miss Old Town it would be your loss as it was a perfect start to our evening.

1  Thank StoneWiegman
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is a great place to blend in amongst the low-key locals and families. The food is always good and the service even better. I usually stick to burritos and nachos while Spencer tries something different every time. We have never been disappointed and you won't be either!