“Delicious Food and Good Service!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baba Dari Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #261 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My co-workers and I decided that Mediterranean sounded good and we wanted to eat near University of Michigan so we could go see the sights there. We decided on Ali-Baba. We walked in and were able to sit wherever we wanted. The restaurant is small and the parking is tight, but it was nice to have parking while we ate. We ordered hummus and falafel for the appetizer. It was delicious, they brought us garlic as well with the hummus which definitely added. We then each ordered a completely different meal. I had the Gyro Dinner and it was great! Someone ordered the meat combo and really liked it as well. The service was good and food delivered quickly. I would definitely recommend join here.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Love the chicken shawarma, and have never been disappointed with other menu items either. The sampler plate is another favorite. Also recommend the greek salad. Ali Baba and Jerusalem Garden are my two "go to" places for Mediterranean food in Ann Arbor (generally speaking, I prefer meat options at Ali Baba and vegetarian options at Jerusalem Garden).

3  Thank Mark N
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family has been going to ali baba's on packard in ann arbor for almost 20 years. It is a great option for both carnivores and vegetarians. Everything I have had here is good, including the burgers and fries. One of my favorite dishes is chicken with baba (ganoush) - sauteed chicken tenders with pine nuts. my companion loves the vegetarian lentil dish -- mujadara. there are home made pastries, such as baklava. It's not a fancy place. I'd recommend eating in the restaurant over take out or delivery. The food is best when it is fresh out of the kitchen.

1  Thank lmg1954
Reviewed September 20, 2013

ali -baba is one of my local favorites! it's a destination when i don't feel like cooking........or if i want to pick up appetizers for company at home.........their taboulli and humus are fabulous as well as one called "foole" which is made with fava beans........i usually have freshly made carrot juice and then either mjadara (spelled ?) which is a dish made with lentils, rice and well browned onions served with yogurt or their fatuous or sometimes a chicken schwarma sandwich......i think the wait staff is very pleasant and tries their best to be timely! great place!!

2  Thank silverfoxAA
Reviewed June 5, 2013

By chance, driving by and got a place to park, no easy feat in Ann Arbor. This is a well used college fast food restaurant that I think does most of their business, take-out. At least while we were there, the in/out traffic was non-stop, and this is between term time. Like most places with heavy student traffic, Alli-Baba is well worn, but clean. Before we could order we were brought humus and flat bread, nice touch and pretty good. I ordered soup salad and the Mideast combo plate, the wife, salad and another combo plate. Way too much food, we should have shared everything. The combo is almost all carnivore, roasted meats, different shish kebab's, stuff wrapped in grape leaves, it was great. No room for dessert, and don't think they have liquor. If you're really really hungry, eat meat, and you can find a place to park, this is a place for you.

2  Thank TruckDriverFritz