“Finally! After 35 Years!”

Angelo's Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Finally! After 35 Years!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I went to school here. I was here for summers. Several friends loved this place. I have no idea why I never went until today. I got there at about 9:00 and was seated immediately. There was no football in town this weekend so maybe that’s why there was no line. Vickie was my waitress and was wonderful. I enjoyed my breakfast and appreciated how fresh everything was. The potatoes were good but basic and a little overcooked. I left satisfied with my second piece of raisin bread with me for later. I will return before another 35 years passes!

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
istanbul
“Wonderful breakfast place”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is one of the best breakfast places in Ann Arbor. We had to wait a little on a Sunday morning but it was well worth the wait since there were many choices in the menu and they were mostly very good. I highly recommend a weekend morning breakfast there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sgist
“Old-Fashioned Diner with Great Food & Great Prices”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our first time eating at Angelo's. I believe they're open for breakfast and lunch. We at here for breakfast. The place has "good energy," friendly service, fast service, good quality food, and low prices. The plates are huge and they are filled! The potatoes are 100% real. The bacon is delicious. The eggs are made-to-order. They also make their own bread and slice it thick. We enjoyed eating here, and will go back the next time we're in town. Nobody leaves Angelo's hungry! It was a very satisfying meal. The only slight problem is the parking. They have parking for 10 cars behind the diner, and parking for 8 cars across the street. It's worth dealing with. We got lucky and got the last parking space! I highly recommend this diner. They welcome you at the door and you feel happy the entire time you're there. ENJOY!

• Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“I need to come here more often”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Despite being a longtime Ann Arbor resident, this was only my second visit to Angelo’s, the first being about 20 years ago. I’m not sure why I don’t come more often, although its location near the Medical Center probably has something to do with it, as it’s not a part of town I get to regularly. Today I had lunch at Angelo’s with a colleague. She ordered the Hot Roast Turkey sandwich, and I got the Angelo Reuben (a turkey Reuben) with a side of fries. While the fries weren’t memorable and I probably wouldn’t order them again, the sandwich was very good. The turkey was piled high on their homemade bread, and there was just enough cheese, Thousand Island dressing and cole slaw to give the sandwich flavor without making it too messy to eat. The food is good quality, and the prices are reasonable for the generous portions. We both took home leftovers. As much as I enjoyed my sandwich, I could only eat half, but I wasn't going to let the other half go to waste. The atmosphere at Angelo's is nicer than I remembered, too. Even though it was a gloomy day, the restaurant seemed bright, inviting, and busy and I liked the paintings on the walls. Angelo’s is an Ann Arbor landmark, and it’s definitely worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
Holland, Michigan
“Large portions of good food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Really enjoyed the breakfast sandwich here. Unfortunately, it was so large I couldn't finish it! This is a great little spot and there is little else within walking distance of the medical campus to compete. Good food, quick service.

Visited July 2013