“awful food poor service”
Review of Raja Rani Fine Indian Cusine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Raja Rani Fine Indian Cusine
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We went to dinner on a quiet Sunday night. The waiter was nice at first, but then disappeared never to come back. We received our dinner and it was positively the worst Indian food we have ever had. Everything tasted like they had mixed vinegar into it. The silverware was dirty too. When we tried to get someone to help us, I had to walk to the kitchen and the waitress on duty got upset. She was then upset we asked for boxes. Top it off, they decided to vacuum while we sat there and didn't seem to care that it was disturbing everyone. There are much better choices locally.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Raja Rani is the oldest Indian restaurant in Ann Arbor. It's also consistently the best. I eat here regularly. The veggie samosas are by far the best in town. I am not a vegetarian but I almost always order the veggie entrees at Raja Rani- they are just that good.

1  Thank drjeff1968
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I used to love this restaurant. I've gone to it for years, a couple of times a year. My most recent trip will probably be my last. Not only was the service unusually poor (we had to wait almost 15 minutes to see a waiter to begin ordering, and he left out two of the people at the table when taking orders and had to be called back to the table), the food way below the previous standards (buffet was missing several items - empty bins - and when we asked if they would be refilled, were told to wait. The items took over half an hour to appear and were then cold.) The worst, however, was that when we took our napkins and silverware from our plates to prepare to eat, cockroaches scuttled off one of the plates and across the table. One of my friends put her napkin over the insects and tried to pretend that nothing had happened, but that experience really spoiled my appetite. I will not be going back until I am assured that things have improved. It's really a shame, because this place used to be a real gem.

3  Thank Phat_Unicorn
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spending the day in Ann Arbor for work, my colleague and I spotted this place and decided to give it a try. Housed in an old residence, we wandered in and were seated. It is buffet only, and pretty small inside but the food is ok and the price is VERY cheap (i believe the lunch buffet is 7 dollars). I only rated it average, but I wouldnt mind going back there again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Food mediocre. Service slow. Worn down overall. Gosh, Trip Advisor is making me fill 100 characters. Nothing good to say.

4  Thank GBAnnArbor