“Nice Middle Eastern Restaurant”
Review of Jerusalem Garden

Jerusalem Garden
Ranked #14 of 595 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Harbor Springs, Michigan
“Nice Middle Eastern Restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

While visiting in Ann Arbor, where we lived 20 years ago, we decided to have a late lunch/early dinner at this very small Middle Eastern restaurant in the downtown area. The last time we were there the tiny restaurant had only two or three tables and functioned primarily as a take-out restaurant. This time we found they had expanded to allow seating for an estimated 25-30 people. Nonetheless, since the restaurant is popular with locals and since they do not accept reservations, there is usually a wait time to be seated during the dinner hour.

Our waiter, Chad, was very nice and very attentive. The food was reasonably tasty, but since Ann Arbor is near Dearborn, where there are dozens and dozens of excellent Lebanese and other Middle East restaurants, the food did not stand out. My wife's lentil soup was so-so, as was her kafta kabob. My chicken shawarma was quite delicious, as was the pita bread and the hummus dip. The tabbouli salad was fair. Portions served were generous and meal pricing, as with many ethnic restaurants, was very reasonable.

You should try Jerusalem Garden if you have not previously tasted Middle Eastern food, and even if you have.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank LouBobHarborSprings

• Korean first
Rochester, Michigan
“overall good experience”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

very small, a bit crowded, but the food was great. loved the variety of vegetarian options. prices were very reasonable as well. i would go there again.

• Visited March 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best for 20 years”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been eating at Jerusalem Garden for about 20 years now and their food is consistently much better than the other Middle Eastern food I've had in town for significantly less money. When I wasn't living in Ann Arbor, it was one of the places I HAD to eat while in town.

Visited December 2013
“Cold”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We went for dinner based on reviews in Yelp and Trip Advisor. I was a little disappointed. The food was good, but nothing special. The wait staff was attentive. The price is more than reasonable ($24 for 2 people). The place is small and could have been cozy, but it was cold. There was a cold draft through the whole place (and the temp. outside was in the 20s. Almost everyone had their coats on. I'm not sure why I didn't like this place, but it just didn't work for me.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Looking good tasting good”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Anytime I'm in Ann Arbor we always make a stop here. Recently, we had the falafel with fattoush, baba ghanoush, and yellow lentil soup. For $14. It can get crowded, small dining area, but after 1 it's pretty easy to get in.

• Visited November 2013