“Worst Dining Experience in Ann Arbor - overpriced, slow, small portions”
Review of Seoul Garden

Seoul Garden
Ranked #64 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
South Lyon, Michigan
“Worst Dining Experience in Ann Arbor - overpriced, slow, small portions”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

After being seated for my son's birthday, my husband, my son and I ordered what we thought was going to be a sampling of multiple kinds of meat that we could grill ourselves. We mentioned that it was my son's birthday and there was no acknowledgement of this special occasion whatsoever.

The waitress finally came over and shortly after placing our order we were told there were no free refills on soft drinks (ok, not a big deal)...then she comes back with place settings for each of us; and brings TWO small bowls of soup and salad. I thought my soup/salad would be coming on her return. But NO, since we'd ordered a particular dinner from the menu we were informed that it was dinner for TWO...therefore if we wanted soup/salad and a bowl of rice we would have to PAY extra for that. Well, ok how much could that possibly be?

Finally the plate of seasoned meats, lettuce, shredded ? in bowls shows up. Small portions in my estimation. My son ordered additional lettuce leaves and by the time they showed up all the meats were gone...we were starving...

What a DISAPPOINTMENT. The waitstaff acted like she didn't know up from down...couldn't seem to figure out how to make a recommendation that may have been a better choice for three hungry people! At any rate, we're not going back. We left hungry and went to Max and Erma's where we were treated like ROYALTY, even though we told them we were only there for drinks and dessert to celebrate my son's birthday.

Needless to say, SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE...this place is going under unless they change EVERYTHING...too many other good to great restaurants in Ann Arbor to waste my time/money here!

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank MichiganQui1ter

• Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great Korean Experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The food is great, authentic and reasonably priced. The staff would wisk food out to us very fast. The Forean barbeque was perfect.

Port Washington, New York
“Way overpriced, service can be slow, food unreliable”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We used to enjoy Seoul Garden fairly frequently, but lately its prices have risen exorbitantly and the food quality has gone down. Sometimes we have waited for 20 minutes before a server even approaches our table. We have eaten both Korean and Japanese food here; the sushi is mediocre, doesn't always seem too fresh. The udon is horrible--someone really has no idea how to make it correctly. But the Korean soups are very good--just way too expensive. Nice kimchi selection. There are much better options for Asian food in Ann Arbor, so skip this place. Be Won on Plymouth Road is far superior prices and service; for sushi, Yotsuba and Umi Sushi are better choices.

2 Thank flyermontana
Baltimore, Maryland
“Real Korean food in Ann...”
Reviewed December 9, 2007

Real Korean food in Ann Arbor. Super tasty.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Korean in Ann Arbor, MI.”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Best Korean in Ann Arbor, MI.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook