“Check out Thai food in unusual location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of SIAM Square

SIAM Square
Ranked #96 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Check out Thai food in unusual location”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Siam Square has been in this space for a long time -- this restaurant is attached to a low-budget motel on Washtenaw Avenue, across from Arborland. I hadn't been there in a number of years, but a small group of us ate there recently. Everyone was happy with their choice: the folks who wanted NO spice had that, those of us who wanted spicy were happy. Chicken Pad Thai ("the standard order") was nicely done, with chicken and lots of veges in the noodles. Shrimp spicy basil had a goodly number of lovely large shrimp. Worth a visit!

• Visited June 2014

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Soup & dessert were nice”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What we ordered:
Tom yum soup, shrimp rice paper roll, fried vegetable entree (came with rice) and black cherry rice dessert, total $26
Soup and dessert were really good and at reasonable price, but shrimp roll was average and we didn't like the vegetable entree (we didn't like the sweet sauce though its normal, but the meat was overcooked and chewy)
Loved the restaurant decor, and the staff would routinely ask customers if 'everything was OK' though a waiter seemed a little short with us once when we tried to rush our dessert, haha!

• Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Tastes like Thailand's food - Excellent”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

After I came back from a 7-month stay in Bangkok, I wanted to re-try my old favorites in AA. This place really does have it right. Some of my favorites here: Tom yum soup, red curry, sticky rice w/mango -- all of them are spot on. I would strongly recommend this place, even though it is oddly attached to a nondescript hotel. The atmosphere inside is just fine, and the service is always very good.

• Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Love This Place”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love Siam Square. The food is fantastic, I love their light little spring roles. I have not been to many Thai restaurants but of the few I have been to this is the best. The decor in the restaurant is beautiful, so intricate it's like a museum. I have been there with family, just my husband and a large group, each time we have had great service. I have a friend who did not have prompt service and ended up leaving but I have never had that experience. Guess what else? They have fried ice cream. Need I say more? Go there and be happy (bonus: it's right off 23 and parking is a breeze).

• Visited March 2012
Winchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I have been going here for years with my family, and we love it.”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My family is from Thailand, so trust me when I say we know what Thai food is supposed to taste like. I think some of the people who give bad ratings are used to this type of Thai food. There are 2 menus one is all in Thai, and is the *super* authentic food. And then there is the normal menu; though it's the menu used to serve most guests, especially Americans, the food they cook here is most like the food you would get if you went to a Thai home and ate dinner. Most of the staff is Thai, and speaks the language which is a bonus. Of course, not everyone is going to love everything, but I won’t ever look down on this restaurant. Also, it has been in this location forever, so stop complaining that its' attached to a hotel. How does it being attached to a hotel affect the TASTE, and SERVICE?
Haha. Just thought I would give a review from someone who has experience there. :)

• Visited April 2012