“A great place for a special experience”

Blue Nile of Ann Arbor
Ranked #158 of 609 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The choices at the Blue Nile are limited; you get either the Vegetarian Feast or the Ethiopian Feast (the Vegetarian Feast plus some meat dishes. The food, however, has always been delicious. Although I am a confirmed carnivore, I have found the vegetarian dishes superior to the meat dishes, so my wife and I almost always order the Vegetarian Feast, often with an additional salad.

The food is served without utensils. Instead you wrap the food in Ethiopian spongy bread and eat with your hands. It is a fun experience, and we enjoy visiting the Blue Nile a few times a year.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Since finding this place 12 years ago I try to have dinner here when I am in the area. My wife and I stopped in last night after driving back from a day in Grand Rapids. We sat outside on the street in downtown Ann Arbor and ate our dinner with our hands while people passed by on the street and sidewalk. While it is pricey, it is all you can eat. I like the spicy while my wife leans toward the milder fare and so we are both accommodated with the vegetable and chicken combinations.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I ate a nice dinner here with my daughter. We had a "sampler" of the vegetarian and the meat dishes. The food was tasty and some of the dishes had a nice "zing" to them. The service was very friendly but perhaps a bit slow.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Probably should have asked for a fork. The custom is to eat the food using the Ethiopian bread, but then you fill up on the bread and can get bloated. The price includes unlimited refills and bread. Conveniently located in downtown Ann Arbor.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My son likes to eat at B.N., although they have a cinnamon tea which is so strong it's anesthesia to your tastebuds, and the few lumps of basic, cheap vegetables on the veggie platter are way overpriced. Good mead, though.