“Good Italian but lukewarm”
Review of Argiero's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Argiero's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Argiero's is the only Italian restaurant in Ann Arbor run by an Italian family. The restaurant has been an Ann Arbor favorite for many years, where loyal customers enjoy wonderful dishes, a relaxed atmosphere, and the charming outdoor patio. Our food is always made on the premises, our sauce is prepared fresh daily, and our pizza is the best in town! Customers love our funghi alla crostini, calamari fritti, veal marsala, pasta primavera, manicotti, and gnocchi. If you are looking for home-style Italian food, Argiero's is a can't miss. Come see us today, kick back, relax, and enjoy some of the finest Italian cuisine in Ann Arbor. We promise you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The food was good just not piping hot. Bread yummy. Outdoor dining fun. Ravioli was the best meatballs a close second.

There are newer reviews for Argiero's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our little party of 3 had just arrived in town after checking into a local hotel. I was looking for something gluten-free, and this cute little restaurant had a sign outside, indicating gluten-free pizza. Once I saw their menu, I detoured from the pizza and ended up ordering the bruschetta and one of their salads. We wanted a light fare, as it was about 3:00, and we were going to be joining our family at 6:00 for dinner.The bruschetta was excellent, nice warm toast with melted mozzarella topped with tomatoes, onions and fresh basil. All 3 of us scarfed it down with satisfied smiles. Two of us ordered salads, which were dinner plate sized, which included fresh greens, nuts, cranberries and gorgonzola cheese with a light vinaigrette. We cleaned our plates. The other member in our party ordered the minestrone soup, which he said was good.

We sat outside in their covered courtyard, across the street from a market. It was quiet and comfortable on a hot, sunny day, as we enjoyed our surroundings while a light breeze blew through the courtyard. We were glad to be seated outside - when we went in to use the bathroom, the interior was a bit dark and plain - somewhat dreary. But, the restrooms were clean, and our waiter was friendly, helpful and attentive. I would not hesitate to return to try their gluten-free pizza another time!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The last time we went to Argiero's was in the 90's. It was cute, crowded, a local favorite -considered pretty good back then. Now, with so many good -to-great italian restaurants in Ann Arbor, especially Downtown, going back to this Kerrytown restaurant, just for nostalgia's sake, was one, terrible decision on our part. The days of Mama Rosa and her boys are long, long gone. No atmosphere. Wobbly table. Ho-hum service. Small plates. $30+ for just two ordinary pasta dishes - we did not order a salad, no beverages/just water, no booze, no desserts, etc. A totally unenjoyable exerience on a beautiful evening. In a couple of weeks, our water aerobics class will be at the Olive Garden to celebrate the end of the session at the Rec Center and I KNOW that the Olive Garden will not disappoint us. My wife and I will NEVER return to Argiero's.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you want true Italian you need to go to Argiero's. The original owners came over from Italy on the boat! You can't get more Italian than that. Mama Rosa's sons have taken over the restaurant now but they learned everything they know from her!

Carmino A, Owner at Argiero's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2016

You're right, Lindsey -- our recipes are 100% authentic! And I'm so glad our classic Italian flavors could hit all the right notes for you. It's been a while since you posted this review, but I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to have you back for another one soon.

All the best,
Carmin Argiero, Owner

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have never reviewed a Restutaunt before this one and figured I wasted an hour there so why not a few more minutes . I was really craving great Italian food ie; not Olive Garden ! Well after eating here I wish I was at that restaurant . To start -ordered bruschetta - typically all fresh- this was a stewed mess on Italian bread with melted mozzarella loaded with red pepper flecks- disgusting - then ordered some angel hair with sauce and meatballs - bland watery sauce - water soaked meatballs obviously frozen and also bland - just gross. Then topped it off with dessert as the waitress suggested homemade tiramisu - again bland, tasted old , overloaded with bloated ladyfingers and a watery mess underneath . I guess this was their espresso -

I always give second chances , however , unusually don't get 3 terrible courses - oh and they charge like fine Italian-

Probably see this on kitchen nightmares soon