“Great food, great atmosphere- free birthday dinner!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 588 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Liberty and William
Livonia, Michigan
“Great food, great atmosphere- free birthday dinner!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I went to the Chop House to celebrate my birthday. Our 8 month daughter decided to tag along! She is really good though, so I wouldn't use her as a standard.
Dinner was great, ambiance was amazing! It was very romantic. The food was awesome too. I ordered the lamb chops which were phenomenal. My husband ordered a porterhouse. He said it was great- not the best he has had. Our sides were the potatoes and the seasonal veggie (cauliflower).
Salad was huge, and for $15 each I would have expected something with a little more flavor.

Best part? YOU EAT FREE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!! Though the tab still wasn't small, its a whole lot better when its cut in half!

Will definitely be back again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Sydney, Australia
“A special treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

A little expensive but good to give yourself a special treat.The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth - even when I ordered mine medium with no blood showing! A little disappointed with the desserts though - quite ordinary and too sweet.

Visited September 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Excellent and creative steak house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Most excellent steak houses can brag about their kobi beef, aged beef, or prime steaks. The Chop house has that and more. Let me start with a place with a lovely ambiance. The dessert area is a place I will try later when we have more time.

The wine list looks like it is extensive. I am not a real wine drinker so I can not say for sure.

Appetizers - creative and excellent, I loved the lamb chops. It would be a meal to itself in many places.

Soups - French Onion soup was delightful. Maybe the best I have ever tasted except possibly from a restaurant in Montreal.

Entrees - my wife had well done petite Filet Mignon. Excellent. I can eat meat from medium rare to well done. Her order was extremely tasty, wonderful texture. I had venison - interesting and tender. It was very enjoyable.

Desserts - Very nice, Tiramisu was very good. The sorbet was excellent. The gelato I will pass on next time.

The pace of the service was perfect. Portions are generous. You can share sides without an issue. Oh - the dark bread is very good. Gentlemen, you can't lose by picking this place for your special lady.

From my friends from Toledo, drive the hour to eat a steak at the Chop House. The only place I think that compares is Mancy's (maybe) or the restaurant in the Casino. But as for me and my family, we will take downtown Ann Arbor over a Casino anytime.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I are quasi connaisseurs of steaks, and we both strongly agree that the Chop House in Ann Arbor is truly an exceptional restaurant. Though on the pricey side, the food at the Chop House is delicious and the service excellent! There is a large variety of wines to choose from, and an extensive and excellent menu. I would recommend anyday!

• Visited May 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“I expect more given the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I always enjoy coming to this restaurant. It's a classy, upscale establishment that's always busy. The service is good and they always seem to accommodate me every time I show up without a reservation. However, when it comes to the food, it tends to be on the bland side. And when you pay $75 for a steak, it doesn't quite measure up to the quality and taste of a Morton's, Capital Grille, or Ruth's Chris.

I tried the crab cakes with a side salad and the veal chop with grilled asparagus. Again, it was ok but was a bit on the bland side. I expect more when paying this amount.

• 2 of 5 bubbles