“Now THAT'S stellar!”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 592 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cross street: Liberty and William
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Now THAT'S stellar!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I visited The Chop House for the first time in October 2012 and was not impressed. I quickly learned that my experience was a very isolated experience. They demonstrated such great customer service that I refused to accept a refund and chose to revisit and I am so glad I did!!! It was the best dining experience I've had in a long time. I tried the New York Strip and it was perfectly prepared to my requested temperature paired with an amazing wine.This is what I expect from a first class steak house and they delivered. I feel confident recommending that you make it a point to visit The Chop House. It is nothing less than amazing. I am already planning a visit with friends this holiday season.

1 Thank Dee B

“Pricey but good”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a good special occasion place. It is not inexpensive, the steaks and seafood are very good. Service is usually excellent.

Visited August 2012
Buena Park, California
“Don't be duped”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Elegant impression, iPad menu's...stick around for the service and meal...when you get the bill...You can pay for an iPad and get better food elsewhere.

5 Thank Knot2L8
Commerce Township, Michigan
“Great food & service even for a 7mo old”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went with my wife and 7mo old, food was exactly as orderd with top notch quality and the chef even did a minimally seasoned acorn squash dish for my baby to eat with us. Steaks were great and have had the beef wellington before as well. Great place to go to especially for a birthday dinner. My son crashed after the acorn squash and we had a lot of fun with him being there.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Solid Performance”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This a good steakhouse. But beef is what you should be focusing on for your meal. I had a very nicely done Filet Mignon (tender and medium rare as requested) and my wife had Beef Wellington. The sides were wild mushrooms (a little salty) and Hubbard Squash (quite flavorful). We had a modestly priced Kermit Lynch 2009 Cote du Rhone that was really great with dinner and it's hard to go wrong with Zingerman's bread. The appetizers were the lobster bisque (again very nice) and the grilled romaine salad with Roquefort and crumbled bacon . The service was very professional and consistent throughout the whole meal. We finished next door at La Dolce Vita with a Lagavulin and a rich and decedent dessert (molten chocolate cake with crushed chocolate cookies and vanilla gelato).

My only real complaint is that for over $100 per person, I was expecting something more exciting. Don't misunderstand me, it has a pleasant ambience and overall high quality food and service. Just not much that was different or unusual.

1 Thank A2travler