“Birthday Dinner! Yummy”
Review of Gandy Dancer

Gandy Dancer
Reserve with OpenTable
Gandy Dancer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Dearborn, Michigan
“Birthday Dinner! Yummy”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is an old restaurant located in Ann Arbor-the train runs right past the back of it! They blow the horn when the come thru and the people wave to the commuters! The ambiance is really fun-its kinda upscale, but there is also a bar where people do not seem to be too uptight. I had a Southern Comfort Manhattan (done right) with some oysters - a great start- For the entree, I enjoyed Chicken Marsala, nice and tender, juicy and flavorful, We were served home baked breads that are accompanied by cream butter and pate. It was a very filling meal-served by people who knew the menu (LOVE That)! After all was said and done-we did not save room for some of the most amazing looking gooey desserts I've seen. I'm hoping I was on my friends list for a return visit for this birthday~!

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nice atmosphere but thats about it.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Compaired with other places in Ann Arbor the food is bad, service so so. Most of the people who eat at the Gandy Dancer are from out of town and don't know any better and they think it is great, but that isn't so. We eat out alot and enjoy good food, service and atmosphere but I wouldn't reccomend this place.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jan W
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Growing up this was always THE destination for Prom, Homecoming, and any other special event. I was last here about 5 years (before this latest visit), the atmosphere is still great, service great, food quality has slipped in my opinion. The Gandy Dancer was always known for seafood and steaks. I have been eating lean proteins more and more lately, so went with a scallop dish appetizer, and a petite filet for main course. The scallops were done fine, but came in a heavy cream sauce (no mention of this on the menu), tasted ok, but way too heavy and rich for me. Likewise the filet was cooked to my liking, though covered in a cheese sauce (not Hollandaise) that wasn't needed (also no mention of this on the menu description). We are fortunate in the Chicago area to have restaurants prepare steak and seafood that stands up on its own without heavy creamy sauces. I always fear this is a way to mask lesser quality ingredients. I did hear mention from a neighboring table (sounded like a smilier experience to us) that ownership has changed and not the same since, I have not verified this.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Roy S
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was a great special occasion choice. We went for a Christmas celebration dinner and were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was perfect and the staff was very attentive. The chef was very accommodating for my special dietary needs. The valet parking was perfect for the rainy night. The night was a little pricey, but we enjoyed our evening. FYI, if its winter, sitting next to the windows is a bit chilly and the noise level makes conversation across the table a little challenging.

• Visited December 2013
“Top drawer”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been to the Gandy Dancer several times now, most recently as a party of 8 for a UofM graduation celebration. Both the food and the service are consistently excellent. Very good, upscale atmosphere also.

Visited December 2013