“Really nice patio”
Review of Palio

Palio
Reserve with OpenTable
Palio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Previous Next Authentic Tuscan Dishes Born in September of 1991, Palio is a country-style, Italian restaurant featuring authentic Tuscan dishes. Named for the famous horse race that runs yearly through Siena, Italy, a record is even kept of the race's winners on a mural along the back dining room wall. During summer, Palio boasts Ann Arbor's largest and most popular outdoor gathering spot on its rooftop patio - Palio Del Sole. Offering the best view of Ann Arbor's energetic downtown nightlife, Palio Del Sole is fully equipped with its own cucina and offers a unique menu that is completely different from Palio downstairs. There simply is no better Al Fresco dining experience on a warm summer evening in Ann Arbor.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Really nice patio”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

If you are in Summer, you must go upstairs and enjoy the upper patio!
Nice environment and good food.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank QuequeS

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Super Tuscan Wine + Exceptional Service!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

8 of us met at Palio's to celebrate a birthday and we had such a great time! Mainly, this was due to our eternally patient and attentive waiter TOM. As the evening went on, we drank every last bottle of 'Super Tuscan' in the place (literally!). Tom came to let us know they only had one bottle left, and did we want it? YES!
The food was tasty but our table was in a bit of main thoroughfare and I got bumped into a few times.
When Tom came around with the dessert tray, everyone got the Tiramisu. Yum. No one ordered the raspberry sorbet, even though the drunkest among us asked Tom to go find out if it had red dye in it. (FYI: It didn't!) Tom took it all in stride and didn't act annoyed one bit, what a professional! It was a perfect evening!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank AdrienneSip
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad service and terrible food”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

went today for Valentines day, took our 23m old and he was amazingly well behaved thankfully but we received pretty much no service. the waitress was checking the other 2 tables next to us but not us.. I had to flag her down, maybe we were discriminated because we brought a kid or because we are an asian/white family? who knows but the service was bad and there really was no excuse for it since when we got there it was not super busy yet. Not to mention my noodles were over cooked, tasted terrible and my sons tortelini sauce tasted worse than jar sauce. We went once in Sept and it was good, what happened? not sure why but I feel like we got left overs from the day before and we were disregarded maybe because we brought a little one on valentines day.. either way we will never be back there ever. Worst dining experience in Ann Arbor and it is not excusable. now I can see people being annoyed if our little one was screaming but he thankfully was just perfect the whole entire time not causing a problem, but the waitress seemed to have an issue with us we left very unsatisfied . I feel like I need to spread the word about this place, do not go if you want bad service and bad italian food.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 875stephs
Jackson, Michigan
“Nothing to get excited about”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

First time dining here. Service was very good but food disappointed. The calamari was tasteless. I don't need my calamari fried, but some flavoring would be nice. Also could do without the tentacles on my plate. My glass of Sangria was loaded with ice and watery. Entrees were OK - Bolognese decent but bland. I have had better Tiramisu across the street.

• Visited January 2014
Michigan
“One of our favorite places”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have been regulars at Palio for years. The food is always excellent, and we love the atmosphere. Quite close to authentic Italian cooking! Our server was quite helpful in selecting our entrees.

Visited November 2013