“Stick with the beer”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've been going to Grizzly Peak for about 15 years, and I feel like the food has gone steadily down hill. Last week I went in to watch the World Cup and ordered some calamari to have with my beer. I got a few soggy strips of what tasted like some thawed out fish product that had been fried hours before. It came with a tomato/olive garnish with tomatoes that were raw, but almost mushy. Nothing had any real flavor or freshness to it.
The beer (one of their IPAs) was fine and fairly priced, but my food, along with my boyfriend's fish and chips, were very disappointing.

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at Grizzly Peak Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

KerriMacK --

Thank you so much for visiting Grizzly Peak and taking the time to share your feedback. We're truly sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations -- especially because you've been visiting Grizzly Peak for so long. We want to ensure our customers have an excellent experience and we apologize that our standards, as well as yours, were not upheld. Please feel free to contact our General Manager Chris Carrington at (734) 741-7325 to provide more information about your visit. We hope to exceed your expectations in the future!

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We loved the beers here... Great variety and the quality was very good. We liked most of them, Especially the Draconus.

They have an awesome kids menu here and the food is excellent.

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at Grizzly Peak Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Kortney R. --

Thank you so much for visiting Grizzly Peak and taking the time to post a review of your positive dining experience. We're thrilled to hear our restaurant -- and our kids menu -- exceeded your expectations. Your feedback and support is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had the Grizzly Peak Pale Ale, which I thought was great, and I can see why a lot of people come here for the beer, but I have to say that the service and the food was just ok. My salmon was a bit overcooked and our server did not appear to be trying that hard. It definitely wasn't a bad experience, but I will not be back here before trying other similar restaurants.

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at Grizzly Peak Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

John W. --

Thank you so much for visiting Grizzly Peak and taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit -- and our pale ale -- but we'd love to know what we can do in the future to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact our General Manager Chris Carrinton at (734) 741-7325 to provide more information about your visit. Your feedback is very appreciated and we hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place came highly recommended by my bed-and-breakfast host, but turned out average at best. My wife and I ordered a sampler of all 9 craft beers available, and I was underwhelmed - all were lukewarm (I like my craft beer coooooold and bubbly, except perhaps a stout), and lacked any distinct flavours beyond the usual (IPA's, ambers, stout, porter). I ordered the "famous" steak sandwich (two small pieces of steak between two large potato pancakes, with a nice creamy sauce), which honestly would have been better without the added cheese and bacon (and I love cheese and bacon!) - its like they are trying to hard to load everything into the dish to make it appealing. The potato pancakes were also a bit tough - as if they had been sitting in a warmer too long, rather than being freshly pan fried as they should. My wife surprised me and ordered the Chorizo burger - spicy, "tasted good", but largely fell apart whilst she ate it because of all the beans on it. I've been to over 20 brewpubs around the world, and perhaps have too high expectations, but this one ranks as one of the lowest. Thankfully, there were many others in the city that made up for it.

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at Grizzly Peak Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

S_Doherty_Waterloo --

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We're truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We want to ensure our customers have an excellent experience and we apologize that our standards, as well as yours, were not upheld -- especially since you were just passing through Ann Arbor. Please feel free to contact our General Manager Chris Carrington at (734) 741-7325 to provide further information about your visit or express any additional concerns. We hope to exceed your expectations in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Recently visited Grizzly Peak with my boyfriend and parents-- we sat outside under an umbrella, had great beers and some food as well. My parents had the chicken caesar and the mushroom flatbread, and I had the fish tacos. They paired nicely with the golden beer, very light and citrusy! I'd definitely go back to sit outside and enjoy a craft beer.

Jessica K. --

We are thrilled that our restaurant (and our craft beer!) exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for visiting Grizzly Peak and taking the time to post a review of your positive dining experience. Your feedback and support is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!