“Good local brewery”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Grizzly Peak is a reliable brewery with great beer, good food, and a nice atmosphere. Great for beers with friends after work, dinner with a date, or a family. Great Ann Arbor establishment.

1  Thank Josh D

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife & I were walking around Ann Arbor and thought we'd try this place out. My wife loves to try different types of beer so she ordered one but when it arrived it was very warm. We asked the server if they had any that was cold, the manager came out and told us that some beers are served warm. He still gave her another one that was colder but still not as cold as it should be. The food was just very mediocre but the server was great. We have no interest in going back to this place, there are plenty of other options in the area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Grizzly Peak plays it very conservatively, making consistently decent, but never outstanding, beer and food. ABC and Wolverine State generally have better beer, but food quality is inconsistent at ABC (and there is no food at Wolverine, but you can bring in whatever you want--BYOF). I do have a soft spot for the polenta sticks at GP, though, and they pair well with beer. As a vegetarian, I find GP offers very few options, however, and the pizzas are only average. If you want pizza, go to a place that specializes in it. Both NYPD and Neopapalis have decent beer on tap, with the latter specializing in Michigan beers.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Grizzly Peak is one of my favorite places to go for a burger. Their Grizzly Burger or Kobe burger really are generous portions, cooked just to how you like it, flavored well, and go well with their sweet potato fries. Add the sampler beers if you are with friends. Grizzly Peak has the best birthday deal in town - $10 certificate, free desert, and logo glass if you dine there with friends on your birthday. 5 stars!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stopped in here for dinner and a sampling of some of Ann Arbor's local brewing scene, and was pretty surprised.

The restaurant was packed, but we were seated quickly. The room itself is very large and spacious and it was teeming with U students on the prowl. Sat down and ordered our meals along with a range of beer flights for our drinking pleasure.

Meals came on the slow side of acceptable, and my steak sandwich (with potato pancakes as the bread!!!) was superb. My friend's salad was very good, although my other buddy's burger was a bit lacking.

Here was the major gripe: the beer wasn't all that good. The lager was blah, the IPA decent but unspectacular, and the other beers missed the mark all around. Of particular note was the ginger wheat beer - tasted of astringent.

If it was an American style restaurant, we would have given it an easy 4 stars on the food alone, and that was with service on the slow side. Socially, I could see where it would be a fantastic place to mingle and make new friends.

However, at a brewpub selling locally made beer, however, the beer should be mighty good. It wasn't.