“Great food and the best cappuccino ever”

Zingerman's Delicatessen
Ranked #5 of 619 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Opened in March of 1982 by Paul Saginaw and Ari Weinzweig in an historic building near the Ann Arbor Farmers' Market. Serving up thousands of made-to-order sandwiches with ingredients like premium Black Angus corned beef and pastrami, free-range chicken and turkey, housemade chopped liver and chicken salad. The Deli also stocks an exceptional array of farmhouse cheeses, estate-bottled olive oils, varietal vinegars, smoked fish, salami, coffee, tea and much, much more. Today, Zingerman's Delicatessen is an Ann Arbor institution, the source of great food and great experiences for thousands of visitors every year.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Friends told us we had to go here. Glad we did. Food was great but the real surprise was the cappuccino and hot chocolate. The best ever. The cappuccino was perfect with a great head of foam and the perfect amount of milk. The hot chocolate was amazing rich and light at the same time. Not to be missed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,705)

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I order a #26 small. Very good sandwich. This is a place to check out at least once. Sadly I didnt check out the rest of the place as I notice tons of bagels, lunch meat, oils, and other things to purchase.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My son found this place to try. When we first walked in I thought we were at a deli not a restaurant that we could sit and eat. We all really like it and would go again. You stand in line to place your order and then get your own drink. They bring the food to your table. They were very busy for a Sunday evening but well worth the wait. My son got the chocolate cheesecake and really liked it. I got the #97 and I would get it again.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Zingerman's is a legend in Ann Arbor. Everyone should go once just to experience it but be warned because it is costly for just a sandwich. When we went, there were no lines but I heard that normally isn't the case. The inside and the vibe of Zingerman's feels like a Trader Joe's.

Zingerman's deli had a great array of cheeses, salamis/meats, bread and other condiments/items. They bake their bread fresh and they have samples of ALL of them (just ask). Their bread is really good but if you don't want to buy a whole loaf or think its too expensive, their day old bread is 35% off.

As for their sandwiches, they have a million options. A tip is to go online to their website and scroll through their menu options. If you click on it, it will also show you a picture of the food item. I got Sherman's Sure Choice sandwich with the "old and garlicy" pickle. It was a great sandwich. Nice and tender corned beef with a really tasty Russian dressing and coleslaw. It was $13.99. I'd come again for special occasions or to take visitors to in Ann Arbor.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Every food option is offered here with plenty of samples encouraging you to stay for lunch. Need a gift, also plenty of options..planning picnic, they have it all.. Four of us shared soup (average) corn beef sandwich (when in Rome eat what they make best) and the kale salad, delicious. Seating was crumpled inside but they have outdoor seating which on a warm day would be great. There is definitely a vibe to the place, dessert shop next door a little over priced but a great way to end your meal.