“A not-so-obvious but excellent choice for dinner”
Review of Cafe Felix

Cafe Felix
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Felix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 594 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington St.
Description: Felix landrum opened cafe felix with his brothers in 1997. After two years of operating as a european cafe, they acquired a liquor license and added a full menu of european bistro-inspired food. The felix menu offers delicious and versatile small plates, hearty main dishes, sweet and savory crepes, a variety of sandwiches and homemade soups, six different preparations of p.e.i. Mussels, and a scrumptious breakfast menu (served on saturday's and sunday's).
Michigan
“A not-so-obvious but excellent choice for dinner”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I always thought of this place as basically an upscale coffee shop with a liquor license, and i often enjoy meting people here for a drink after work. Then, on a lark, I took my wife for her birthday dinner in December. Our steak dinners were outstanding, and the service was excellent! Then we brought the family back for brunch on Sunday and again was very impressed. I agree with another reviewer....why wait in line at Cafe Zola when you can come here and be seated right away? I actually thought it was cool when we walked out, and saw a young couple leisurely enjoying a bottle of wine at 1:30pm on a Sunday afternoon. That's a great way to live!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent food, amazing brunch, friendly service!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I love Cafe Felix! Consistently delicious food. I have only been there for brunch,lunch and happy hour. On this visit we went for brunch. I ordered cinnamon French toast off of the menu. My son ordered the buffet...omg! The chef will make to order whatever you want at the buffet. My son had a smoked salmon omelette that was amazing. Our waitress welcomed my son sharing from the buffet. You also get a Bloody Mary or mimosas with the buffet. The best buffet deal in town. Great coffee and espresso too!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Eateries near U of M”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had brunch at the Cafe Felix next to U of M in downtown Ann Arbor in February with a party of four, so we all sample something different, except my date and I. We chose the Cinnamon swirl French Toast with Maple syrup, walnuts and whipped cream and .... it was incredibly delicious, the flavors melded together incredibly well and I cleaned my plate! The mimosa's were good too!

• Visited February 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“We love this place for brunch”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When Cafe Zola's line is out the door and down the block, give Cafe Felix a try. They have great scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives, great coffee, and those great murals. This is our family's go-to brunch place.

Visited September 2012
Ann Arbor
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MIR Award = Most Improvement Restaurant Award”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been going to Cafe Felix for about a decade now. For a long time my visits were only about the drinks and soaking up summer on the patio for me. However, over the past year I have noticed consistent and dramatic improvements in the service, food quality, and atmosphere. Recently, I was shocked at the high level of professionalism that came out of a new server they hired. My friends and I had planned on just having drinks -- but after in-depth, specific, and nuanced breakdowns of each dessert and their ingredients we had to go for it. During a separate visit over the holiday break I was so excited to have 2 friends from middle and high school visit me in Ann Arbor. I explained to the server that we were likely to be a problem table for him as we continued to drink, eat, drink, reminisce, and drink more. My warning did not rattle him one bit. He smiled and said "I'm 100% certain I am going to enjoy your table." Well one of my schoolmates can be a little difficult in restaurants. She can be a bit indecisive and never wants what is presented on a menu. Again, that didn't phase him. He offered new ideas and variations from the selections presented. He worked well with the bartender when she asked for a non-alcoholic drink that would make her happy while my other schoolmate and I were having lots of adult beverages. He delivered what she described as "the best mojito she had ever had." We were like give me a break are you freaking kidding? It has no alcohol you goof ball. After we tried the mojito though we had to agree with her. But we still harassed her for her virgin selection. We pressured our server to join us as we harassed our schoolmate. He was very smooth while under pressure. He smiled and kept up the camaraderie with the 2 from the teaser side while making certain my virgin selecting schoolmate didn't feel uncomfortable. The experience left me thinking that this guy should be our next U.S. Secretary of State. Our server also worked well with the kitchen to substitute sides, add and remove specific ingredients, and he didn't miss a beat in the process. I'm really glad to see the level of service and food quality improve so much at Cafe Felix. Now, in addition to the best patio in town, they have top notch servers, great food from a skilled kitchen team, and a talented team of bartenders. I've decided Cafe Felix is going to be my new second office.

• Visited December 2012