“Fun and tasty”

Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
Reserve with OpenTable
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 619 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Liberty and William
Reviewed June 17, 2014

After a terrific experience at the Real Seafood Company in Toledo, my father and I chose to dine at the original location on THIS Father's Day. Ann Arbor's Main Street is a revitalized strip of shops and many inviting restaurants. Real Seafood Co. has walls open to the sidewalk so if you don't score a table directly on the sidewalk, you can get very close!
We arrived a bit early for our reservation at 5:00 and were glad we did. Restaurant started to fill up at 5:00 with many other fathers... Our waiter, Nicholas, had a table of 7 and a table of 5 and the two of us arriving within 10 minutes of each other. A bit busy, but we never felt abandoned nor waited for anything. A true professional!
The menu was a diverse as we expected. My 90 year old father experienced the electronic tablet menus for the first time. He was fascinated and delighted.
He's a whitefish lover and I like to have it when in Michigan. The menu listing in Specialties offered Sautéed Whitefish with mushrooms and Michigan cherries. He loved it, I wished the dish had been less "saucy." And I don't think I'll have mushrooms with my fish again. Not my preference. The glazed carrots were fantastic small whole carrots in a delight sauce. The salad was terrific. We ate simply, but totally enjoyed our experience.

1  Thank Karen J

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Yes, it can be pricey, but the quality of the food, the well-trained staff and the ambiance makes it well worth the visit.

1  Thank estravel
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Expensive for not very interesting seafood. It has an old-school feel. Not bad food but just not worth going back for.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

A bit pricey but the food was very good. My husband tried some of a friend's lobster and said it was amazing! We had quite a large group but we had 2 servers which helped keep things moving. At the end the servers even took some pictures of all of us. The Ipad menus are very cool as well. I liked being able to see the picture of the dishes.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated my husband's birthday at the Real Seafood in Ann Arbor. The food was costly but hot & tasty. Service was good. Our server checked on us frequently. We had to wait a little while to be served but they were fairly busy. The atmosphere was good but very noisy! Thanks for the free birthday meal Real Seafood but we'll probably find a quieter restaurant next birthday!