“Very good seafood”

Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor
Reserve with OpenTable
Real Seafood Company - Ann Arbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 595 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cross street: Liberty and William
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good seafood”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've been here a number of times for dinner, but my most recent visit was for lunch with my husband and in-laws. It was a lot of food for lunch, but everyone was happy with their selections and satisfied.

My husband and I shared a cup of NE clam chowder - very good, but not the BEST I've ever had. All of our entrees came with choice of salad or coleslaw. I ordered the salad and, strangely, it was one of the better salads I have had in a long time! I probably could have been satisfied with just the salad and soup! It was a bed of mixed greens and romaine with basil vinaigrette dressing and shaved parmesan. Something about the basil dressing and shaved parmesan gave it such a delicious and unique taste.

For entree, I ordered lobster bolognese with linguine. They do NOT skimp on the lobster, which I loved!!!! The sauce was creamy and the portion was kind of big, but I was glad I ordered it. My husband ordered jambalaya, my MIL ordered gulf shrimp and rice pilaf, and my FIL ordered some kind of blackened fillet with red-skin potatoes. Deliciousness all around, but I think mine was the best. Lunch was $101 (including tip) for the four of us.

My most memorable meal at this restaurant is from a few years ago when my husband and I shared a Boston clam bake - it was a very cool and delicious experience.

I love all of the Main Street restaurants in Ann Arbor, but this one is particularly good. Go here.

Michigan
“Horrible Management!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We drove over an hour to celebrate my freshmen's daughters birthday only to find the manager extremely rude and rigid. They advertise a birthday discount on their website but were not willing to accept any digital proof that it was my daughters actual birthday! The irony is they have digital menus that advertise the birthday deal but only take paper proof! Maybe you need to use PAPER menus! They actually thought my daughter should go back to her dorm room to get her drivers license so they could see it. The manager walked away from our conversation and never offered an explanation as why the birthday confirmation had to be confirmed in paper! University of Michigan student proof which she was able to bring up on her phone was not enough! Will never step foot in this rude and overpriced restaurant again! We ended up staying and the incident put a damper on the celebration! A party of 7! Ann Arbor is filled with a variety of excellent restaurants! Don't waste your time or money here!

1 Thank judyg661
“Digital Menus for All, Digital Proof for None”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I had enjoyed Real Seafood in the past and were happy to book the restaurant for our daughter's birthday meal. We had read that they had a good discount for birthdays. So we picked her up from her dorm and met a friend there, whose birthday was the day before, only to realize our daughter, who didn't need her purse, forgot her license. We parked next door, walked in the cold around the block, and were hopeful they would give us the birthday discount, because we did not want to go back to the parking structure, to the dorm, park again, and back to the restaurant. They gave each of us an IPad to order our meal but refused to accept her U of M account online, showing her birthday info. They needed a hard copy license. The food was decent but their service was weak at best. A real disappointment!

4 Thank Arnie G
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Typical of Main Street - over-priced and over-hyped”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Over-priced and relatively bland. If you want a nice fish/seafood, hit the Common Grill in Chelsea instead.

Visited November 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“great food and atomphere.”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Love everything on the menu. Haven't had a bad meal. Even Non-seafood lovers can find something special too. We go for special occasions and casual meals outdoors in the summer. Barb- Manager- is so warm and welcoming and very accommodating. The wait staff is very well trained and the chefs sure know what they are doing. the atmosphere is really cozy and eclectic. It has a nice vibe.

• Visited October 2013