“Sadly Not Up to Par”
Review of Real Seafood Co.

Real Seafood Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Real Seafood Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Liberty and William
tempe, arizona
“Sadly Not Up to Par”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This has always been known as something of an Ann Arbor institution. Yet, my last visit was disappointing. The oysters were fresh and good but the bread was undercooked, the trout was overcooked. Our waiter was trying to "suggestive sell" so hard that eventually, it was awkward to ask for anything.

Visited July 2012

Milford, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful seafood restuarant!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

What a wonderful experience this was! It was my boyfriend's birthday and his absolute favorite meal is king crab so that is what he wanted. We happened upon the Real Seafood Company when searching for seafood places and thought we'd give it a try. Boy are we glad we did!

Our server, Ricky was terrific and just added to the great overall dining experience that we had. We got the calamari for an appetizer (it was recommended to us) and it was perfect, lightly breaded and cooked perfectly without being too chewy! The bread is out of this world like many others have said. My boyfriend got the king crab which he gave a 9.5 out of 10 and just raved about. I am a little unsure about seafood still so our server recommended the Blue Plate so that I could sample a little of everything and it was awesome! The crab cake was amazing, the shrimp were seriously the best we've ever had. The flounder stuffed with lobster was wonderful and the only things that I didn't care for were the scallops and baked oysters but that's only because I have never liked them - my boyfriend said they were both great and he is a seafood lover so that is saying something since he eats it all over the country! We got creme brulee and key lime pie for dessert - both were amazing! We will definitely be back again and would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited July 2012
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
“The place to go for great fish”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I cannot imagine going to any other restaurant when I am in the mood for great fish. I have never had a bad or even mediocre meal at The Real Seafood Co. This is one of our favorite "special occassion" restaurants. Every thig is good, and leave room for dessert.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Real Seafood best in Ann Arbor”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Excellent seafood with great atmosphere. I'd go more often if my husband liked seafood!

San Diego, California
“Enjoyed our dinner”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Ate here at the recommendation of our hotel front desk staff. At first, I was dubious - seafood in Ann Arbor? But, this was, overall, a nice place to eat. It is a part of a group of restaurants in Ann Arbor owned by the same restaurant management company (Chop House, Gratzi, Dolce are part of the same group). We ended up eating in the other restaurants as well. Real Seafood had a tiny bit more "chain restaurant" feel to it than the other restaurants in this group, but don't go expecting a "Red Lobster" experience - this place is more upscale.

My hesitation at eating seafood in Michigan was unfounded. While this wasn't the best seafood I've ever had, it was fresh, tasty, and well-presented. The whole lobster dinner was actually cheapter than what I've paid for comparable lobster dinners here in California. Our waiter was great - very personable, made us feel at home, good at answering questions.

My only (minor) gripe was that the ladies room was very small for a restaurant of this size. Tried three times - significant line each time.

Overall, a good meal, nice surroundings, and, yes, I would eat seafood in Ann Arbor again.

• Visited June 2012