“Best California Roll Served by a Friendly Staff”

Godaiko Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #146 of 600 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have been going to Godaiko for more than 10 years now. I have traveled all over the USA and I have had sushi wherever I could find it. Godaiko has the best California roll hands down. The Uni is always fresh and their ginger salad dressing is pretty good. Lately I have been getting into their Ramen soup. Very tasty broth. They have two restaurants. I go to the one in Ann Arbor and have never had the staff be rude to me. I have been to the one in Novi a couple of times. The staff there was not as friendly as in Ann Arbor, but I would not consider them uncaring or rude. Another plus...Kirin on draft.

There are newer reviews for Godaiko Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed January 11, 2011

There are much better sushi restaurats in Ann Arbor and for much better price. Menu is not really targeting sushi lovers and staff is not friendly. Will not go back, much better choices out there.

1  Thank ctiannarbor
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Sushi, soup, salad- It was all terrific. We called in a take-out order, so can't speak of the service, but the woman taking our order dissauded us from ordering as much as we had intended, which was appreciated. Servings are ample, and the left overs made a great breakfast the next morning.

Reviewed February 6, 2010

Godaiko is my favorite Ann Arbor restaurant. My husband and I go every chance we get. The food is slightly expensive, but well worth it. I have never had such delicious sushi, even when I was in Japan. The fish is amazingly fresh and they also have great miso soup. I love the ume & shisso rolls (Japanese pickled plum & mint leaves)--which sounds strange at first, but it's one of the best flavor combinations on the planet, trust me.

Reviewed December 26, 2009

I always get the same thing; Hibachi Beef teriyaki and it is amazing. The beef is paper thin and well seasoned. The plate is absolutely beautiful; the beef is delicately arranged with some beautiful strawberries on the side of the plate with beautifully steamed broccoli and chives on top of the beef. I absolutely love this restaurant and would eat there once a week if I had the money. My husband proposed at this restaurant.

1  Thank apocollegegirl