“Luke warm pizza slice”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Went for a late lunch. Ordered a couple of slices. I had to wait quite a while to check out since there is only one cashier. My slices were probably Luke warm to begin with and the wait just made it worse. I would think they would at least put the slices in the oven for a minute or two to warm up before serving.

1  Thank dwolff517

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is ok, nothing more. The atmosphere is poor, prices are good, pizza is just ok. They have different flavors and different types (Chicago style as well) but nothing too special. Ok if you wanna a quick pizza for a competitive price

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stopped here by chance since all the restaurants in town were closed at 10 pm. So glad we did. The pizza is amazing. I have not had crust this great in so long. The sauce was awesome. My daughter had their gluten free white pizza...simply the best,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was born in Brooklyn, NY and raised on Long Island. NYPD is THE best New York pizza I have had in the MIdwest. I'm an "expert" on REAL New York pizza and this is the real deal. You gotta go have some!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is hands down probably the best, and closest to NY City style pizza, I have had since moving to Michigan. I am generally a pizza snob, growing up in the NYC area, and can be harsh with pizza reviews. But this is it!! Excellent crust, no conveyor-belt ovens to be found on premises, 16" slices, good cheese, cheese and pepperoni grease dripping off the slices, baked ziti on the menu rather than masticiolli, the perfect pizzeria smell when walking in the door....

Of course, I had to see folks in front and behind us ruin a perfectly good pizza by putting barebecue chicken on one, and a bunch of green veggie stuff with no sauce on the others....but hey, to each their own I guess!

This place also has chicago-style pizza, which looked good, but I always prefer the NY-style. There are also a variety of "pizzeria-style" dishes - meatball sandwiches, ziti, subs, etc., that could be ordered. But pizza seemed to be the only thing being sold when we were there on a Friday during peak lunchtime.

Lunch special includes two slices (with any toppings) and a "bottomless" soda for about $7. Not the cheapest, but not bad either. They do have a handful of beers on tap, including Bell's and Founders (both Michigan brews)...as tempting as it was, though, I had to pass up, being in the middle of the day and everything!

This is definitely pizzeria-style, so there is no waitstaff, you are deifnitely on your own. Counter help though (including one of the owners when I was there) was excellent, very efficient, and very helpful.

Definitely found a favorite spot....I WILL be back!!