“Not What We Expected”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Rochester, New York
“Not What We Expected”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The brochure for this restaurant was in the lobby of our hotel and we chose it based on the menu. We were not aware that it is really primarily a bar. We had two small chidren with us, so weren't 100% comfortable with that venue. However, there wasn't any bar crowd as school was out, so we gave it a try. They had crayons for the kids and a kids menu as well. Most of us enjoyed our food. My pulled chicken sandwich was a little tough, but everything else was good.

• Visited May 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Another failure for this location...”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went for lunch. The place was empty and cold. We were the only people there and the service was bad. How can this be when you only have two customers?? Ordered a burger and it was burned. Sent it back and they attempted to charge me for it. When I pointed this out the waitress said that it was the computer system and that she did attempt to take it off our bill. I think she should check bills for accuracy before she drops them at the table. The fries were room temp. My husbands salad was okay but nothing to write home about. For the money, the food and service should have been better. It appeared to be clean but there was a bug in my husbands Arnold Palmer...YUCK!

• Visited April 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good, but not WOW......”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have been wanting to try R.U.B. for a while and finally got the chance. Choosing off the lunch menu, I ordered the Nugent and Spencer had the Hat Trick. Both sandwiches were hot, good, but not WOW. I really can't pinpoint why, maybe it was just not that memorable. Nothing really stood out, but the fries....a bit over seasoned, but edible. The service was good, the place was clean, the price was fine. If parking was a bit easier, we would probably give it another try. Right now, I'm not in a big hurry to get back.

• Visited April 2013