“Meh”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2014

These are not crêpes. The flour was incredibly bland, cooked for the wrong length of time, and incorrectly wrapped each of the three times I came here. Fortunately two of those times my friend paid for me (because he owed me and wanted to go). This place exists solely to monetize on college students who want to seem hip, and it's working.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Excellent crepes, with fantastic variety of savory and sweet crepes. Also had very tasty kale soup. Service couldn't be better.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a late dessert here on Saturday night.

The service was pretty lacking. After being seated, nobody came to our table for almost 10 minutes. They seemed to have ample staff and the restaurant wasn't that busy, so I'm not sure what the deal was.

The sign outside said happy hour started at 10, and since we were walking in around 10pm, we asked about the specials. Since our server visited our table only maybe 3 times the entire time we were there, we asked another server. She replied that happy hours don't start until the summer, when the restaurant stays open until 11 as opposed to 10. This didn't make any sense because at the time, it was already past 10 and they were still open?

In any case, there were several great options for dessert crepes, priced between about $10-13.50. I ordered the Banana Exotique and my boyfriend had the S'mores.

Despite the slow table service, our crepes arrived very quickly. They were both pretty big and I think if I were to go back, I'd opt to split with someone as opposed to eating a whole one. That said, it was delicious and there was no lack of caramelized bananas in mine.

I would probably return to What Crepe again as the delicious crepe mostly made up for crappy table service.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The dining experience was wonderful. Food was delicious and the service was very good. Highly recommend for a different dining experience.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Used a groupon for dinner, our 1st time @ this still new (opened last yr) restaurant. With drinks our meal was $75, so not an inexpensive excursion. Our savory dinner crepes were very good, nicely portioned & quite tasty. I had the Signature Ribeye Truffle crepe with their signature truffle zip sauce & my wife had the chicken version of the same crepe (though it didn't have mushrooms, too bad) - we both loved our choices. And of course we had to have dessert, opting for a build-your-own sweet crepe. The savory crepes are a little thicker, which they should be, than the sweet crepes. For a Saturday the restaurant wasn't crowded. Our service was very good, with members of the wait staff helping each other out delivering orders, filling water bottles & taking our check. Given all of the restaurant choices in Ann Arbor it may be hard for this niche restaurant to survive, but we'll do our best to return again in the near future. You should too.