“Casual dinning, amazing pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

NeoPapalis
Ranked #29 of 588 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York
“Casual dinning, amazing pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. It's very casual, small bar to sit at too with beers on draft and two TVs. The pizza and salads are so fresh and delicious. This is the best pizza I've had in Ann Arbor. It's thin, fresh, flavorful and delicious. Happy hour until 6.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Ann Arbor
“Great value, great pizza, good happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I visited Joe's place shortly after it opened, have been back quite a few times, and was there again a few nights back. I also read some of the recent reviews. In short, I love the pizza here and the prices. First, the pizza: Joe does the thin crust Neapolitan-style and does it really well. You pick your base, add toppings, and get a pizza a few minutes later baked at high temperature. The sweet potato fries also are good, and I have never tried the salads or sandwiches and probably never will--the least Vegetarian-friendly items on the menu, I am afraid. They also are very well linked to Michigan beer at the bar. I wish Short's (Huma Luma, especially) was better represented, but few complaints here. Happy hour prices 4-6 p everyday. Prices are amazing. A ten dollar pizza here would be closer to $20 at somewhere like Pizza Paradiso or The Two Amy's in DC.

Visited March 2014
Ann Arbor
“Good pizza@a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Nice friendly place serving good neopolitan pizza and local craft beers at a reasonable price. I wish they had a real wood fired oven, but it doesn't seem to hurt the flavor much as the crust is very good.

• Visited November 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good salad, Great pizza, & Clean draught craft beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

What's not to like. We all started by splitting Caesar salads which were very nice: fresh romaine served icy cold with a nice dressing & shaved Parmesan. I thought I detected some Romano cheese as well but couldn't find it for sure. My spouse thought the salad would have been better more lightly dressed but no one else agreed.

The thin crust Neopolitan pizzas were outstanding and raved by everyone! It is the crust that makes this pizza stand above others. The dough is made on site with their own yeast and it is cooked to perfection quickly at 800 F. We tried both the Margherita & Classica toppings & both were excellent. At most pizza places, the pizza serves as a vehicle for toppings; at Neo's toppings are an accent & on my next visit, I will be a minimalist. I hope you get the impression that we all thought this was some of the best pizza that we have had!

They have a wonderful selection of regional craft beers, something for every taste: from light to hoppy, to dark & complex. The fact that every one that we tried was served as a clean draught was appreciated by our beer drinkers.

Ok, the decor is modern industrial, glass & concrete. No one cared because the pizza was so good and, anyway, the sports-crazed grandchildren were glued to the evening's game; they loved the setting! A previous reviewer noted that the place was cold; we found it cool because of all the glass and concrete but that didn't put us off.

For sure, we will return!

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Tasty but not Fabulous”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went to NeoPapalis based on the glowing recommendations from TripAdvisor. While the pizzas were tasty and clearly used fresh ingredients, our family of 3 all agreed they were not fabulous and certainly nowhere near the “best pizzas we have eaten” as stated in other reviews. Might be the best pizza in Ann Arbor, but not by NY standards. The atmosphere is informal, pizzeria casual. We loved the friendly upbeat employees who really care about the pizzas they turn out. Although not fabulous, it is nonetheless a tasty, inexpensive option and great for kids.

• Visited October 2013