Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbriarwood mallgreat poolbusiness centerpool areawould definitely stay here againgreat place to stayhot tubfront desk staffvery nice staystaff was very friendly and helpfulclean roomsbusiness tripclose to downtownvery nice hotelfitness roomeasy accessup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton garden inn while visiting our son,daughter in law and grandchildren in Ann Arbor. The room was clean, the children enjoyed the indoor pool and the location was great. The staff could not have been more accommodating. We will definitely stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: The hotel has a very nice full breakfast for around $10. However for 3.95 my husband and I enjoyed a very nice cold Buffett that included cereal,fruit and a pastry that was perfect for us.
1  Thank Nancy M
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi Nancy M,

Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful time seeing your grandkids and family. I am so happy to hear that they had the opportunity to utilize our "Cool Pool!" The dump bucket fountain is definitely my favorite - did your grandchildren have a favorite?!

I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town to visit your family.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've stayed in a few hotels in the area and this has been the best. Overall, I'd consider the hotel to be average but in the area I'd say above average. This hotel is clean and efficient. If you're looking for no frills and just need a good sleep this is your place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello megs0607,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a TripAdvisor Review for the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor! I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and efficient. We have a great housekeeping team here at the hotel that strives to make our hotel the cleanest possible - they will love to hear your kind comments.

I hope to see you in the future when you visit Ann Arbor again.

Take Care,

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel was great with one exception... the breakfast! The front desk staff were friendly & efficient. The pool & hot tub were both kept tidy & even though there were a number of kids present, it didn't seem overly crowded albeit a bit loud (which is to be expected). The rooms were clean & fresh. The only real issue my husband and I both had was the breakfast area both Saturday & Sunday mornings. They were terribly understaffed and quite grouchy. Both mornings when we arrived for breakfast, there wasn't a clean table to be had. The first day we opted for the least-dirty table we could find, the second day we went with a spot at the bar (hoping service would be better the second time around). It wasn't!!! After placing our order & waiting 30 minutes, we decided to track down one of the waitstaff & ask them to check on our order. They arrived a few minutes later with half of our order. When we explained that it was not the entire order, they gave a turned heel & walked away to find the remainder of our order with no apology or comment of any kind. 3-5 minutes later she arrived with the rest of the order which had obviously been sitting on a counter somewhere in the kitchen because it was dreadfully cold. No one ever came back to the bar to check on us, so once again I had to track someone down & this time requested a replacement that was actually warm. I was greeted with a sneer and a jerk of the plates from my hand... not at all what I would expect at a Hilton!!! Disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello theck2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of the hotel. It sounds like overall you had a great trip, but that we let you down big time during breakfast. I appreciate the comments that you left as this provides us with an opportunity to continue to grow and improve. Please know that this is not the typical service that you would receive when dining at the Garden Grille and Bar. I would love to discuss this further with you to ensure your satisfaction - if you wish, feel free to contact me at bell@raymondteam.com or 734.327.6400

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor (Briarwood) really sets the bar for how all hotel experiences should be. The property is lovely and the staff is amazing! The pool is a real draw if you have kids. They have done a great job hiring the right people and training them well. They are cheerful and go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant. I live in the general area, but whenever my family wants to go on a "get-a-way" (staycation locally) there is no question where we will go. It is always the Hilton Garden Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Kari O,

It is so great to hear that you had the chance to come stay with us! All of your kind comments are greatly appreciated and something that I will share with the team. Everyday we strive to provide the best service possible and I am happy to hear that you experienced this.

We look forward to seeing you on your next local getaway!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My youngest daughter and I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ann Arbor. We went to visit the University of Michigan. The university is only a little more than 3 miles from the hotel. This hotel is extremely clean and the room was a good size. The staff is friendly. The hotel offers different options for breakfast in the morning, so you can choose to have a big breakfast or a smaller one. Each was reasonably priced. Also, there is a mall right across the street that you can walk to.

Given the opportunity, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Hello SWG2012,

Thank you for all of the great feedback. As you mentioned we are just under 3 miles to the University of Michigan - making it very convenient for people that are visiting the University. I know that you must of had a lot of options when looking at hotels to stay in that are close to UofM and I am so happy to hear that you chose ours and thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Best of luck to your daughter as she chooses the college that is best for her - hopefully we will see you again soon!

Go Blue!