“Baxter House B&B”
Review of Baxter House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Baxter House B&B
Ranked #4 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at Baxter House, and were only sorry it was only for one night. The house is beautifully restored, and Kathleen is the friendliest of innkeepers. Breakfast was fantastic, and the kitchen was very cozy in the thunderstorm. We would have been eating on one of the lovely decks, if not for the torrential downpour!
We will definitely stay when we are in Ann Arbor again.

Room Tip: We were in a 3rd floor room, but all the rooms looked awesome. Our room had a nice balcony, but once...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baxter House B&B

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Beautifully renovated modern craftsman house, on a tree lined street in the historic Kerrytown district, just north of downtown Ann Arbor. Make yourself at home in the sunny living room and pull up a chair at the kitchen table, where you will be treated to a hearty and delicious home cooked breakfast with an emphasis on fresh and organic foods.
I stayed in the Sunrise Room, which is small, but extremely cheery and comfortable. It has a large closet, plentiful windows and a nicely sized private bath. The bed was comfy, the towels and linens high quality, and I appreciated the small vase of fresh cut flowers on the bedside table. The inn is conveniently located near the train station, several parks, the famous Zingerman’s Deli and walking distance to downtown.
After spending almost a week here while in town on business, I felt like part of the family. This is not a place to stay if you want anonymity or require absolute privacy. But if you enjoy a relaxed and social environment, you will be very happy here, as I was. Kathleen is a lovely person and a generous innkeeper who treats her guests more as friends. She will happily guide you towards whatever you need, from walking trails to restaurants. It seems that many of her guests are return customers, and like them, I am looking forward to a return visit sometime soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bluejean18
Reviewed April 4, 2013

There are many cultural attractions in Ann Arbor and I have enjoyed wonderful concerts at "The Ark" and "The Michigan Theatre". In the past I stayed in some of the nice hotels that are, unfortunately, located on the edge of town near the Interstate. This time I was looking to stay in the heart of the community, in order to walk about and discover things at a leisurely pace. I often look to tripadvisor to help me find hidden gems. Kathleen's "Baxter House" is a luxurious home that she personally designed and rebuilt to her own refined tastes. There are not many reviews here as the business is new. Except, it doesn't seem like a business. I was treated like a friend, not as a customer. I found Kathleen to be kind, interesting, giving and helpful. She truly loves the history of this house and neighborhood. You can easily walk anywhere in downtown Ann Arbor from her place and I would encourage you to explore the lovely University of Michigan campus nearby. It would be hard to imagine not finding a dining experience to suit any taste. The city is so vibrant. I felt safe walking alone day or night. The best food I had was prepared by Kathleen, who did her absolute best to help this guest have a unique and warm experience.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are especially light and airy. "The Sunset Room" had it's...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeffy_18
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The aroma of fresh baked scones wafts aloft breaking my resolve. Just moments prior, I had told myself I wasn't hungry and would have a very light breakfast. The Lady of the Baxter House changed all that.
Location was the reason we chose the Baxter House B&B, being just a couple of blocks from the Ann Arbor Amtrak Station. Location, location, location is the mantra of the real estate world and this has the ideal location for us being close to the train station and Kerrytown with all the shops, cafes, farmer's market and theaters.
Kathleen Baxter has recently remodeled this wonderful home and opened it up with strategically placed windows offering not only the feeling of space and connection to nature but also natural light. She's got new cabinets, beautifully stained wood trim, really nice faucet fixtures, fast flushing Kohler toilets, and a real feeling of home. Never once did we feel restricted in any way.
The bed component of this B&B was comfy. Each bedroom has a decent sized armoire for clothing storage. The direct and indirect lighting throughout this place is very well put to use.
The breakfast component couldn't have been better. Ms. Baxter's pantry is fully stocked with natural foods, organic eggs, fruits, nuts, granola, yogurt, local meats, you-name-it.
My wife and I are anxious to return...if it isn't already booked.

Room Tip: There is no bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We really enjoyed our brief but welcome stay with Kathleen at Baxter House. The home is stunning, the bed and pillows / bedding divine, and we regretted not having time to do the huge two-person tub justice! I have a special appreciation for the all-natural personal cleaning products on hand and organic foods. Breakfast was delicious, and Kathleen is a naturally charming and comfortable, helpful hostess. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to Ann Arbor on a whim one weekend and happened upon Baxter House and what a twist of fate it was! Having friends and family all around Ann Arbor we are in the area often and frequently need a place for some respite away from the bustle that comes with rushed visits. Baxter House is the perfect place! It is homy and modern, with completely luxurious amenities and such charm! Kathleen is the perfect hostess providing a wonderful concierge service (at no extra charge,) delightful company and very accomplished breakfasts. She takes care of her guests as if they are all old family friends and treats each person with interest and compassion.

Any time we are back in Michigan from now on, we will think of Baxter House first and foremost in our travel plans.

Thank you Kathleen!

Room Tip: All rooms in this house are lovely with wonderful local beds, but our room on the back upstairs had...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My son and I stayed in the Baxter House B&B for two nights. The home is beautifully renovated, with lovely, light, hard wood floors. Everything is clean and cozy. What really makes this B&B special though, is the proprietor, Kathleen. She is charming, wise, helpful, and a fantastic cook! She is committed to whole foods. Her healthy meals taste divine! She cooks with international flair. Even more important, she is a beautiful, kind, person, inside and out. She could not have been more helpful to us in fulfilling our Ann Arbor goals if she were a beloved aunt. I can't say enough good things about Kathleen and our visit to her first-rate B&B!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family