“The real deal...but no beer!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Cleveland, Ohio
“The real deal...but no beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Jerk this good needs a few cold ones on the side. That's my only complaint about this great spot. The chicken was delicious and the jerk sauce is genuine. I bought a bottle to take home!

Visited November 2013

Ann Arbor
“Secret gems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stay in Ann Arbor for several years, I don't know how I missed this restaurant. The food was very good and authentic. Secret gems for central campus.

Visited June 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Amazing Jamaican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I have been visiting the Jamaican Jerk Pit for years. Even though we live 45 minutes away it is always worth the drive....even with our 2 year old!! The food is absolutely amazing. My husband and I were married in Jamaica and I think the food is equal to what we had on our wedding trip (and that food was incredible).

In addition to great food, we always have a warm greeting from the owner. He is a really nice guy!

• Visited March 2013
Decorah, Iowa
“delicious lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Came here for lunch with a colleague. I had the Jerk pork which was tender and delicious serviced with rice and red beans. I went for the spicy variety which was a good choice. Wash it down with some Ting and you are ready for the afternoon. The staff was super friendly.

• Visited March 2013
Bay Village, Ohio
“Meal Quality Depends on Cook”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've had several meals at this restaurant. It has that cool Jamaican "get happy" vibe immediately when you walk in the door. The restaurant is down a flight of stairs and is decorated with the Jamaican national colors. If nothing else, it is a great place to hang out on a dreary Michigan winter day. The menu is authentic Jamaican - jerk chicken, curry dishes, rice & peas, etc. It is the only place in the midwest where I can get Ting. My grandmother grew up in Jamaica and we visit the country as much as possible so I have tasted all varieties of Jamaican cooking. I have business in Ann Arbor frequently and always try to eat at the Jamaican Jerk Pit while I am there. Depending on the cook, the food can be really good or average. I've never had a bad meal there. The clientele at lunch and dinner includes students (most look to be graduate students) and local business people. If you need a Jamaican food fix, the Jamaican Jerk Pit is worth a try. Let's hope you get the better cook on the day you are there.

• Visited October 2012