“Bread Class was worth every penny”

BAKE! at Zingerman's Bakehouse
More attraction details
Owner description: BAKE! is Zingerman's hands-on teaching bakery in Ann Arbor, MI, tucked between Zingerman's Bakehouse and Zingerman's Creamery. At BAKE! we share our knowledge and love of baking with the home baker community, seeking to preserve baking traditions and inspire new ones. We offer dozens of different bread, pastry and cake hands-on baking classes and sometimes cooking classes in our teaching kitchens. All of us at Zingerman's Bakehouse know the joy and excitement of baking something really good and sharing it with friends when it's hot out of the oven. You'll leave our baking and cooking classes with that same joy, the food you made in class and the inspiration and skills to bake at home!
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I could write a book on my experience in this class but you need to take the class yourself to fully understand it.
If you've ever had the desire to bake bread then a Zingermans class needs to be on your "to do" list. I was in a class with 12 other people but felt as though the instructors were there just for me the whole time. I took the 4 day class and went home with at least 4 loaves of some kind of edible treat each day. The whole staff makes you feel like part of the Zingermans family and if you leave this class hungry or confused then it's your own fault.

Definitely going to take another class at Zingermans the next time my schedule allows for it.

1  Thank Roy149

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife & I took a pie crust making class here and had the best time. We plan on taking more very soon. The instructors were very friendly and extremely patient. We took home 16 pie crusts! Definitely a great value and something unique.

1  Thank Michigan_Family3
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My daughter and I did the Holiday Cookies Bake Class at Zingerman’s and had a great time. At first I thought the class was rather pricey but when we started baking I changed my mind. The class size was small which was perfect because there was 1 principal baker and 3 assistants, so your questions were answered quickly. When we arrived there was a work area set aside for us. There was an apron and a folder that contained the recipes we would be making and discount coupons. Everyone had their own mixer and baking utensils and the best part was that all the ingredients were already measured. All we had to do was mix and mold the cookies. As we were whipping up our next batch of cookies or having a break, they were cleaning up our work area and doing the dishes. Who could ask for anything more! We ended up making 2 different types of cookies and a nougat, which I probably would never have considered making at home. When we were done making the cookies, they provided us with the carrying containers as well. This was our first Bake Class experience, but won’t be our last. Classes fill up quickly so if you see something you like, book it quick.

2  Thank KarenM1_10