“LEARNING AND FUN'S JUST A DRIVE AWAY :D” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum

Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
Ranked #2 of 83 things to do in Ann Arbor
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone gets creative in this interactive science and technology museum, featuring engaging exhibits in subjects like psychology, the media and health.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“LEARNING AND FUN'S JUST A DRIVE AWAY :D”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you like learning and fun, you'll certainly find it here at the Ann Arbor Hands On Museum. I went a long time ago with my scout troop for a sleepover, but for ME, it got cut short due to an unplanned event(confidential). When I did go there, I just loved all the neat things they had to offer. 2 I remember off the bat so to speak is one, a stringless harp, you move your hands up and down the middle on the harp to make air music(basically), and 2 there's this hand cranked generator, you turn the crank and can turn on an orange rotating light, a hairdryer and and electric fan, so basically, by the rotation of the crank, you are controlling/creating the energy need to power those items. They do birthday parties and group outings. So come out today and see for yourself the Ann Arbor Hands On Museum, I'll have to take my niece there sometime. if YOU were a kid, you would be pulling on mommy's skirt and yelling, "I don't want go home yet" :D

Visited November 2011

• Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great place for Toddlers and kids of all ages!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Most of my experience at this museum is with my under 5 yr old niece and her friends who love the 'Under 5'r room with the ball 'factory' that Toyota built. The ambulance is another highlight. Upstairs you can stand in tube and make a giant bubble come up around you. It's just a few blocks from Zingerman's Deli where we go for bagels after the museum.

Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“You will come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have visited this museum several times over the past 2 years. We drive from Detroit and make a day of it. This year we bought a family membership which includes the grandparents. What a DEAL! This will be a regular activity every time we visit our daughter and family which includes our darling Natalie.

Visited March 2012
Toronto, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun museum for the younger crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went to this museum with another family and both families had a good time. My daughter is nearly 4 and our friends child is 8 and they both had a good time with lots to keep them interested. The museum wasn't too busy for a Saturday afternoon on a long weekend. We had no problems getting turns on the different exhibits. The under 4 area is great with this large ball machine that we had to drag out kids away from to go see the rest of the museum. Plan to pack food if you are going during meal times as they don't sell food. They do allow you back in if you leave as well.

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Better then I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

It looks really small from outside but it's packed with stuff to do. Compared to similar museums I've been to I found this one was well maintained with few broken exhibits.

My daughter is 8 and had a blast, although I think kids a few years older would only have fun if they were "into science". We were with another family who had a four year old and she also enjoyed the museum.

One of the best areas in the building, the ball machine, is restricted to under 4 and their "sibling helpers". I think this is a shame because I think older children would also enjoy the ball machine. Many of the other exhibits is the "little kids" area were repeats of things found elsewhere in the museum and I thought it was nice that the smallest visitors could enjoy these without being pushed out of the way by older kids.

The hands on museum is a member of the ASTC so if you have a membership to another ASTC museum more then 90 min away you can get in for free.

There is no food available on site but the front desk had a nice pamphlet outlining local restaurants that were family friendly.

Visited September 2012