“Wonderful Mediterranean food.”

Good for: Families with children
Bass Harbor
“Wonderful Mediterranean food.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Everything we tried was excellent. The falafel was exceptional & the cauliflower dish was wonderful. Extraordinary food in a small strip mall restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

Plymouth, Michigan
“amazing food!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

How I wish I could cook like this! I took my 15-year-old, picky-eater son here two nights ago and we had a delightful meal together. Even my son loved the food! We got the meal for two, which included hummus and pita, Fatoush, Chicken tawook, Lamb kufta, rice, falafel and grape leaves, all for $25! The food was just delicious. The highlight for me was the Chicken Tawook and rice. Perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked. I have to say,the atmosphere is just okay. This is kind of a nook restaurant. Not the kind of place you would take someone to impress them with a grandiose-looking restaurant, but rather the kind of place you would take someone to impress them with the FOOD. I definitely plan on returning.

• Visited April 2013
Farmington, MI
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had an early dinner at this cafe based on other reviews. The service was fine but the food was not even close to the best Middle-Eastern we have had elsewhere in southeast Michigan. The vegetarian grape leaves and lentil soup were average - the rice had absolutely no taste and my wife's vegetarian dish was so greasy-oily she could hardly eat it. I don't usually judge a restaurant on one visit since off-nights happen everywhere, but if you are willing to drive 25 minutes to the western suburbs of Detroit, you have a wider selection of restaurants, all with much better food.

• Visited April 2013
Ann Arbor, MI
“Best Middle-Eastern in Ann Arbor”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Chicken Shwarma roll is to die for. Also check out the fried broccoli thing which is amazing. Been here more than a dozen times.

Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent Mid-East Dining in north Ann Arbor”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Extraordinarily large portions of very tasty food. Most appetizers are easily enough for 2, and many would serve as a full meal.

Noteworthy and different: the stuffed falafel and the roasted cauliflower appetizers. The entrée chicken on hummus had very well balanced flavors and, again very generous portions.

The only disappointment was the pita. Individual ones were folded and wrapped in plastic. By the time we got them they were no longer warm and so chewy we didn't bother to use them. Ask for fresh ones which I'm sure wont disappoint because the flavor was excellent.

Also loved the black tea. Served in glasses it was very strong but without a trace of bitterness.

We've eaten at every mid-East restaurant in Ann Arbor (pretty much all of which are excellent) and this is right up there!