“Shawarma!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Ho, Ghana
“Shawarma!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

La Marsa is in a beautiful area of town, just off the edge of the University of Michigan campus. This is a great are with a lot of eclectic foods. La Marsa starts off you meal with a delicious bread (not sure what kind...) with a tzatziki sauce for dipping. I tried my hand at shawarma for the first time! It was delicious, although the pickles threw me off a bit. I wasn't expecting that combination of flavors. I love the atmosphere here and the prices, at least for sandwiches, were very manageable. Everyone should try it out!

• Visited December 2013

“Have to go”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

If you like mediteranian food, this is real place for it. Decoration and back music let you feel that you are there. People are good. Service is fast with good quality of food. Plates and portion are huge with delicious taste. Yammmmmi. You have to go.

Ann Arbor MI
“Second visit. Service could be better.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had not stopped at La Marsa for a while and I had a DoubleTake deal. The server was initially attentive but forgot to bring the hot tea my husband ordered and our Koshary came out when we were just really getting involved with our appetizer sampler. Koshary a bit bland but great with the chili sauce supplied. Hummus was great. Also the garlic dip (my favorite). Baba Ghanooj had an aftertaste and the tabouli was not as good as before. A good meal but not amazing.

• Visited October 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good enough”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The food was good. The servers were relatively attentive but on the slow side. The lentil soup was complex and flavorful. The garlic dip was very very garlicky---just the way I like it.

I had the lamb chops; they were cooked correctly, very juicy but also quite fatty, even for lamb chops, and over seasoned. On the other hand, the French fries were completely bland; seemingly lacking even salt, and mushy as if they were not fried twice.

The unexceptional salad was also overdressed with too much of a very vinegary peppery dressing. And very little but lettuce. No tomatoes, three minuscule pieces of cucumber,a few shreds of red cabbage.

The pita was okay, tasted like it had been reheated in the oven. Good enough for dipping up that luscious garlic sauce.

Had Omo Ali for dessert. Piping hot and big enough for two. You can't go wrong, really, with French bread butter and cream but it was more a pudding than the dish it claimed to be. Where were the raisins, the pine nuts, the rose water or orange zest, the almonds?

If I found myself craving chops on State Street (unlikely) I might return, but otherwise not.

• Visited August 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Number one Mediterranean Restaurant”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Quality, quantity, variety, and value are what you get at La Marsa. The lunch menu is easily affordable, but note that it's not available on Sundays. The lentil soup is divine! I also loved shish kebob.

• Visited July 2013