“So-so food, service not much better”
Review of La Marsa Mediterranean Cuisine - CLOSED

La Marsa Mediterranean Cuisine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Tried it tonight with family. It was so hot in there, we were uncomfortable. The waiter, our first waiter was surly. Passed hot soup over our granddaughter head, instead of serving from behind. After dinner was served we had a new waiter, not sure what happened there. He was friendly but confused. brought us the wrong bill. The food was not so good. My nephew sent his chicken back, it had no flavor, was just dark meat chicken. My sister-in-law ordered vegetarian grape leaves and actually had to spit her bite out. She said they were horrible. So she ordered lentil soup and they brought it to go. I think there was a huge lack of communication. Won't go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ordered a variety of dishes. I did enjoy the vegetarian falafel and mini pitas with garlic dip, but that's where the good stuff ends. $17 for a tiny roast quail and a huge pile of rice? Really? The chicken shawarma was dry and bland. I had to get up and go ask the waitress for silverware and napkins after she dropped off the main entrees, and watched our appetizer set on the heating plate outside the kitchen for like 10 minutes while our server was nowhere to be found. Someone else eventually dropped it off and brought us some appetizer plates. Service and food ranged from poor to excellent. Pretty much a crapshoot. If you come here, you've got to ask yourself just one question. Do I feel lucky?

3  Thank the_ambler_rambler
Reviewed December 13, 2012

La Marsa is the first restaurant I went to when I got Ann Arbor, I was with my wife and a couple of friends. Their food is really nice and I was particularly impressed with the service. They have a variety of Mediterranean Cuisines, one would actually be spoilt for choice. I would definetly go back anytime...

3  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Just as promised in all the reviews - this restaurant did not disappoint! Some of the best vegetarian dishes i have ever had! Wish we had the time to eat here again. We were only visiting with our high school daughter. Want to try some entrees next time!

3  Thank mary h
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a relatively new restaurant on State Street near the University of Michigan campus. The service and food were excellent. The prices are moderate and the portions extremely generous. The restaurant is wheelchair accessible. My husband had perfectly cooked lamb chops and I had koshary, the national dish of Egypt, which consisted of a variety of starches (macaroni, rice, lentils, etc.) topped with a very flavorful tomato sauce and small chunks of beef. The restaurant does not serve liquor. I had mint tea and my husband had a fruit drink. The rice pudding he had for dessert was excellent. We would certainly recommend this restaurant for fans of Middle Eastern cuisine.

3  Thank tudomany