“Great hotel!”

Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great. What I really like is that a restraunt was right beside it, and I went to the Applebee's right beside it. They even give you complementary popcorn for a premium room. The staff was kind also.The only bad part was the small room

Stayed July 2014
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Lucas R,

Thank you for taking posting about your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate reading all the positive feedback from our guests. I'm glad you had the chance to experience both Big Boy and Applebees during your stay with us. As you know, our Premium Room includes a snack box with several granola choices, bottled water, orange juice, popcorn and trail mix. I'm happy to see the popcorn was a hit!. I personally look forward to your next stay with us!

Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor University North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Gladwin, Michigan
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I found the room to be on the small size but clean and furniture is in good condition. A few "pluses" were the night light in the bathroom, the three additional plugs between the beds for connecting your electronics, and the small safe. Television had a good size screen and clear picture. Bathroom is very small with the sink in the main hotel room. If you have mobility problems, I recommend that you ask for a handicap room as there is not enough room for crutches or a walker near the commode. Another plus is that there is a Big Boy restaurant on the property. The hotel provides a voucher good for approximately 10 different breakfasts on a special menu or a credit toward items on the regular Big Boy menu.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, I recommend that you ask for a handicap room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Pat B
Dear Pat B,

Thank you for choosing our location here in Ann Arbor. I appreciate hearing the positive feedback on our upgrades to our furniture and extra amenities added such as the convenience outlets next to the bed as well as our in-room safes. You are absolutely correct about guests with mobility issues. We have specifically engineered rooms that allow easier access to these guests. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!

Miami, FL
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here as this was one of the few affordable hotels near my interview site that allowed pets. The other nearby pet friendly hotel was full. I had never hitherto stayed at a Red Roof property. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the facility and the professionalism of the employees.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank itisithecondesa
Dear itishecondesa,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your 1st Red Roof Inn experience here on Trip Advisor. I am elated that your expectations were far exceeded. We surely appreciate the comments about our clean rooms and staff professionalism. I look forward to you next stay with us!

Charlotte, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stay here often when I come to Ann Arbor. I love the new look they went with. The rooms are always clean and nice. The staff is always super friendly when I am here. There is a big boy attached and a CVS not far from the hotel at all. Great location. I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear kdenton1987,

Thank you for your post and for being a repeat guest to our hotel. We appreciate all the positive feedback on the room decor choices and friendliness of the staff. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Big Boy and CVS sharing our same area. I personally look forward to your next stay with us.

Pierre
Reviewed May 13, 2014

No frills here! The standard rooms are very small - enough room for a king size bed with small night stands on either side. At the foot of the bed is a desk/dresser/open closet. If someone is seated at the desk, it is impossible to get around them because the chair extends to the end of the bed. If you want a hair dryer or iron, you must ask at the front desk and they will be given to you to use. That being said, the facility is clean and in good repair. The front desk employees were pleasant at every encounter. The breakfast provided at Big Boy (attached to the hotel) was good. Outside access to the rooms. Free transportation to medical facilities. Convenient to the freeway.
If all you are looking for is a place to lay your head at night, this fits the bill. If you plan to spend some time in the room and want pleasant surroundings, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Spring for the deluxe rooms! Rates are raised during special events! We were there during Univ. of...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello GrizzlyMomma,

Thank you for posting about your experience on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your remarks about our standard rooms. We are currently updating more of our rooms to deluxe rooms as part of our Red Roof Plus roll out package. Next time, please inquire about these upgraded room types that have larger TV's, hairdryer, iron/board, coffee, snack box, and definitely more space for our guests. We appreciate the kind words regarding the warm hospitality of our staff. I personally look forward to your next stay with us!

Warm Wishes,

Empire, Michigan
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We travel for work a lot and have our favorites for places to stay. I would recommend this place as a nice place to get a good nights sleep. Quiet, clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Location worked really well for us as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jeff H, Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Grainz,

Thank your for taking the time to post about your experience with us on Trip Advisor, I am pleased to hear that your expectations were exceeded throughout your stay. Since you mainly travel for business, we have a Volume Plus (Corporate Discount) plan that you could potentially benefit from. If you are interested in obtaining more information regarding this, please contact the hotel directly and ask for me. I look forward to your next visit with us!

TRAVERSE CITY
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Was very glad we picked this hotel. Didn't realize it is a Red a Roof Plus. It had nice bed, bedding, floors, counters, soap (oatmeal, I think), towels. Nice staff at check in.

Negative: the breakfast is a coupon for small breakfast (like 2 eggs and toast) at adjoining Big Boy. That's fine except that on checkout the staff told us we only got one coupon because they only charged us for one person. So, beware of that.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cori N
Jeff H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Cori N,

Thank you for taking the time to review our location to let other travelers know of our new Red Roof Plus concept we are currently rolling out. We have upgraded our cable package, added snack boxes to the Premium room, and even added a fire pit for our guests to enjoy just to name a few. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast program. We hand out breakfast vouchers based on the number of adults registered to the room. I do apologize if this wasn't clarified at the time of check-in. Thanks again for allowing us to serve you.