“Hats off to Barb”

Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This lady goes above and beyond. She even calls after a while to see if all is okay. Very clean and enjoyed the new TV. A Big Boy is attached and you get a good breakfast there. Nice new bedding and pillows. Would definitely recommend.
It was Friday night near University of Michigan so there was a bit of noise at 2:30 am but it was over fast and back to seep we went.

Room Tip: Try a superior king. It is worth a bit of extra.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank caffeineacademy
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

I would like to thank you for your comment on Barb. Guest service is our passion and I am pleased to know that it showed. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the new bedding package and the larger flat screen TV's. We appreciate your business and hope you will continue to visit us when in the Ann Arbor area.

Thank you so much for your post.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been staying at Red Roof Inn every Saturday night for the last year. I have received excellent service from Barb and Trey. They always make sure I have a room available. They are always kind, courteous, and friendly. They have made my time away from home much easier. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joshua M
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Barb and Tray are great assets to our team and I am glad to see that you were able to experience their guest service skills at work. We appreciate you comments and I will make sure that they are passed on to them. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This motel has been there for over 25+ years and has been updated excellent...good customer service...good room...good breakfast in the restaurant...but very busy motel...the most serious problem was that the heater in my room overheated the room and then switched to the air conditioning to cool down the room in a continuous cycle...also when the air condition turned on it made a loud buzzing noise which did not help me sleep soundly.

2  Thank Kurt5280

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments. We are in the process of replacing the old heating and cooling units in the rooms. I am sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will come and stay with us again on your next trip to Ann Arbor. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

whe where traveling already a hole week around and say for nighte always in red roof inn but never meet sucha nice person as BARB !!she is not only a realy nice person but also a bit funny thanks for all !!!

Room Tip: go to red roof university north ann arbor mi. and meet barb she will help you out and fun for sure!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jessy G

Thank you for the wonderful comments about Barb. She is a great addition to our team and I agree she knows how to make people laugh. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to pass on the comments. Thank you for choosing Red Roof-Ann Arbor North University.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great service from Barb. She made sure I was on the ground floor in a superior king. I had trouble with the website, she tried to show me how to log on to the site. Nice beds. Need more non-sports channels. There are people who travel who don't watch sports

2  Thank Egruber527
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at our inn. I am really glad that Barb was able to assist you with your reservation. If you would like further assistance making reservations please feel free to call back to the property 734-996-5800 and choose option #6. We have more availability to accommodate your special request when booking directly through the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future when visiting Ann Arbor.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Enjoyed the stay and Barb my check-in person was very good. Was suprised when she inflrmed me of the following:
However, while I was looking for the motel on line, I ended up calling an 888 number thinking I was getting Red Roof Reservations. Instead I was in Price Line and was not told until I had nearly completed the reservation that I was going to be paying another $19.95. I still do not understand why there was no Red Roof number listed and why I was not told from the answer that I was not on their site. Plus, I was entitiled to a 15% savings since I was in Ann Arbor for medical testing at the Uof M Hospital. I think Red Roof needs to address this issue and whenever a call is answered by a second party, they must identify themselves.

Room Tip: If you are diasabled, and need such a room be sure to tell them and not expect them to notice,. Hav...
1  Thank Ed B

Thank you for posting a review and sharing all the wonderful comments about our hotel. Barb is a great asset to our company. We appreciate your business and hope that you will book directly through the front desk next time you are in town. Please let us know if we can assist you with this further. 734-996-5800 choose option #6 to dial directly to the front desk representative.

Thank you!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The deluxe rooms have very comfy beds. Remodeled - very modern. Not what i had expected of a red roof!l and for a very good price. Connected by big boy restaurant which.you get a certificate towards your breakfast. We've stayed there three times in the last four months and will stay again next time in the area. And pet friendly with no extra charge.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cjohnson23
Kimberly M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for all your wonderful comments. We appreciate you staying with us and love that you continue to stay while in Ann Arbor. We love pets and believe that they are just like any other part of our family. We do not charge for children therefore we do not believe in charging for your pets. I am so glad to see that you have enjoyed the new beds in the deluxe rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kimberly.