“Nice Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Harbor Springs
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Everything was very nice. We are from Northern Michigan and had to be in Ann Arbor to go to the Hospital. The location being in the same complex as a very nice grocery store and places to eat made a not fun trip as tolerable as possible. With in a short distance is shopping center's and close to the Hospital, which, not being used to the traffic living where we do, was also very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rogers City, Michigan
Reviewed December 24, 2013

As a retired Executive Housekeeper, I instinctively inspect any hotel room & public areas when I visit. I found this facility to be clean and well taken care of. The staff was extremely friendly, professional and helpful. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Ann Arbor.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Southern Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife said that this was the cleanest place we had ever stayed. The rooms are small, but that's why it's called Microtel. Queen bed, microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen television...everything you could need, just not the extra space of the other places. You get your money's worth here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ho, Ghana
Reviewed December 17, 2013

As with most budget hotels, nothing was perfect, but I definitely got what I paid for. I stayed here for two weeks while on business. It met my needs. The room was compact, but came with a refrigerator and Microwave. I even had enough room to do yoga in the entryway. It was clean here, which is super important to me. However, the internet connection was spotty at best and there seemed to be nothing but paper between myself and the next door/upstairs occupants. I could here just about everything. This was not a major issue for the most part as I am a heavy sleeper through regular noise, but the room I got in my second week posed a major problem. It has a plumbing issue that caused my plumbing to "dink" for hours after anyone above me turned on the water. It kept me up one night and woke me the next morning. However, when I asked for a new room the counterperson was more than accommodating and upgraded me to a suite for the rest of my stay. I really appreciated it and slept great for the remaining nights. I would suggest this hotel for anyone trying to save a bit of money on the road.

Room Tip: Try to get a room from 01 to 12 (i.e. 301-312) because the internet connection is better on that end...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family of 4 stayed over Thanksgiving, so the hotel was busy. However, we were not disturbed by any noise or disturbances. The staff was attentive and the morning breakfast had plenty of options. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean.

The refrigerator was not working though. Fortunately, we didn't need it. However, it would've been very inconvenient if we had.

All in all, considering the very affordable cost, the room was a great value and I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family