Everything about this Microtel screams "average" as the budget hotel game is moving forward toward affordable luxury. The hotel is not in need of a significant facilities upgrade, but a fresh coat of paint does go a long way. My room, which was about half the size of a comparable Hampton Inn room, felt about 10 years too old. Bed linens were fresh, but the TV was old, the carpeting felt old, the curtains were old, the bathroom fixtures felt old...you get the idea. Wireless internet was available but the service was rather spotty. The continental breakfast is to be avoided; better yet, buy some granola bars at the supermarket next door.
For the price I paid, though, it was a painless experience, and a clean one. Check-in and out were easy, and the desk staff were extremely friendly. Plenty of parking on site. If you don't mind being at least 15 minutes' driving from the center of Ann Arbor, the Microtel is a safe bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a comfortable stay at our Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor hotel near Briarwood Mall. Our Ann Arbor hotel is just minutes from the bustling downtown area and the University of Michigan. Greet the morning with a smile over free continental breakfast. Our non-smoking hotel offers dry cleaning service, truck parking and free Wi-Fi Internet access. Handicapped-accessible rooms and suites with sleeper sofas are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Ann Arbor/Plymouth Road Hotel Ann Arbor
- Microtel Inn And Suites Ann Arbor/Plymouth Road
- Microtel Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Microtel
- Microtel Hotel Ann Arbor