“Good Italian”
Review of Mani Osteria

Mani Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mani Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 595 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: ANN ARBOR
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good Italian”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We enjoyed the food at this restuarant very much. There were three of us and we shared the calamari, fig salad, scallop fettuccine and a pizza. All of the dishes were excellent. Although we were told they were a 'small plate' restaurant and 3-4 items were recommend per person, we felt what we ordered was plenty. The restaurant is very loud, but the tables weren't on top of each other so we were able to hear each other most of the time. The staff was good, although we felt the waitress was trying to rush us and seemed to recommend a canned list of items all which were the highest priced items on the menu.

The pizza was one of the best and most authentic I've had in Michigan. It reminded me of pizzas in Italy, thin, crispy crust, more sauce than cheese and fresh basil. We'll definitely go back for it.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Don't be in a hurry....”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our first visit to Mani's was with friends. The place was as promised - loud, crowded and with quite a wait for a table. Once seated, the food was quick to come - starting with charred octopus (great!) and pickled tomatoes (delicious!). Sharing pizzas is a very good way to go here and we had the polette (nicely flavored) and the tartufo (not what I expected and very good!). Our waitstaff was very attentive without hovering too much, but how could they..the place was packed from the time we walked in to leaving. So if you are looking for someplace with well thought out dishes and are not in a hurry, Mani's is the place.

Chappaqua, New York
“good spot near campus”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently ate there with my son during a visit to the U of Michigan. We wanted to try something close to campus to get a feel for Ann Arbor. Even on a rainy/snowy Monday night the restaurant was crowded. Good mix of locals and grad students. We shared a large salad and pizza. Lots of interesting choices on the menu. We'd dine there again.

Iowa City, Iowa
“outstanding”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

From beginning to end, my meal at Mani was outstanding. First rate dirty martini: ice cold with fresh olives. Fantastic service: our bartender was incredibly attentive to our party, offering us samples from the menu. Our meatball appetizer was amazing; the sauce recalled my Italian grandmother's. The arugula salad was generous and incredibly tasty, more than enough for three people. And the pizza. I had the Tartufo (mushrooms, fontina, truffle oil) and it was unbelievably tasty. The crust was near perfection: slightly burned and crispy, just the way I like it. For any serious lovers of Italian food, Mani is your choice. The ambience is hip and a bit loud. My daughter and husband also enjoyed their pizzas (he had the prosciutto, she the margarita) though the Tartufo was the best.

Dexter, Michigan
“Very good but limited menu”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Mani Osteria was a breath of fresh air in a city in general would know a good pizza if they fell over it. Mani's is a small plate restaurant that in my mind features pizza. The the dough is very good, the toppings fresh with interesting combinations baked in wood fired ovens. T

he appetizers are good.My favorite is the ceci beans and lentils closely followed by the arrancini..

I also like their Taglietelli. The other pastas that i've had are good as well. The portions however are relatively small. My wife has enjoyed both their fish and chicken dishes.

They have a reasonable wine list both variety and price.

Service is good and fast given it's a University envrionment

• Visited November 2012