“good spot near campus”
Review of Mani Osteria

Mani Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mani Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 603 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: ANN ARBOR
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently ate there with my son during a visit to the U of Michigan. We wanted to try something close to campus to get a feel for Ann Arbor. Even on a rainy/snowy Monday night the restaurant was crowded. Good mix of locals and grad students. We shared a large salad and pizza. Lots of interesting choices on the menu. We'd dine there again.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

From beginning to end, my meal at Mani was outstanding. First rate dirty martini: ice cold with fresh olives. Fantastic service: our bartender was incredibly attentive to our party, offering us samples from the menu. Our meatball appetizer was amazing; the sauce recalled my Italian grandmother's. The arugula salad was generous and incredibly tasty, more than enough for three people. And the pizza. I had the Tartufo (mushrooms, fontina, truffle oil) and it was unbelievably tasty. The crust was near perfection: slightly burned and crispy, just the way I like it. For any serious lovers of Italian food, Mani is your choice. The ambience is hip and a bit loud. My daughter and husband also enjoyed their pizzas (he had the prosciutto, she the margarita) though the Tartufo was the best.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Mani Osteria was a breath of fresh air in a city in general would know a good pizza if they fell over it. Mani's is a small plate restaurant that in my mind features pizza. The the dough is very good, the toppings fresh with interesting combinations baked in wood fired ovens. T

he appetizers are good.My favorite is the ceci beans and lentils closely followed by the arrancini..

I also like their Taglietelli. The other pastas that i've had are good as well. The portions however are relatively small. My wife has enjoyed both their fish and chicken dishes.

They have a reasonable wine list both variety and price.

Service is good and fast given it's a University envrionment

1  Thank pen1
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We continue to have great times eating here. We have enjoyed sitting at the bar and chatting with the bartenders. Challenge them to make a great drink or go with a classic and perhaps the best mojito in town. The pizza and a salad make a great pair for dinner for two.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Last night a large group of us went to dinner to celebrate a birthday. We were placed at at table half the size needed by the group and ran up a $900 bill. As we were finishing a staff person came over and suggested that we leave because the next group was here for this table. I guess the sign should read "get in and get out"
That is the last time we will eat there!

5  Thank Michael R